[Idea for 1.4] New gearslot : Implant

Hello guys.

Yesterday i had an idea about a possible new gear slot wich could be called "implant" or something. I guess it doesn't follow poe's background but anyway let me tell you what i mean:

We all know how the build system is made in Poe:
-Normal, magic and rare stuff for the basic numeric improvements of the build, and unique pieces for the specific improvements of the build and the core modifiers we can find in most of them.
-Same shit for the passives, with simple dex,intel and strengh improvements, more precise improvements with the nodes, and the keystones.

Of course everytime you earn a core modifier (don't know how you guys call it), you take a huge drawback in the ass. And that's what i love in PoE, but i think that the notion of bonus/drawback could go even further.

Implants could be a way to develop the concept of personalization even more than it is already. They would act like supports gems for the entire build, and instead of a mana multiplier, there would be a drawback.

Normal, magic and rare ones could work on basic values of the build, and of course (that's kind of the point), unique ones could bring the classical keystones or even more, depending on how crazy devs are (and we know they are)

Those implants should be pretty hard to loot and impossible to craft, but some additional vaal features could be even more fun.

Here are some exemples:

Exemple for a mana implant:
Spoiler

Normal:
-(5 to 15)% reduced mana cost of skills
-(5 to 15)% reduced maximum mana

Magic:
-(10 to 20)% reduced mana cost of skills
-(10 to 20)% reduced maximum mana
-Additional stuff (may be mana regen)

Rare:
-(30 to 50)% reduced mana cost of skills
-(30 to 50)% reduced maximum mana
-Additional stuff (may be mana regen)

Unique:
-100% reduced mana cost of skills
-You have no mana.

Here this unique could be used for a Shavronne's ES build with blood magic keystone.

Exemple for an elemental damage with weapons implant:
Spoiler

Normal:
-(5 to 15)% increased elemental damage with weapons
-+(1 to 2)% chance to freeze
-+(1 to 2)% chance to ignite
-+(1 to 2)% chance to shock
-(10 to 15)% reduced physical damage

Magic:
-(15 to 30)% increased elemental damage with weapons
-+(2 to 5)% chance to freeze
-+(2 to 5)% chance to ignite
-+(2 to 5)% chance to shock
-(15 to 30)% reduced physical damage

Rare:
-(30 to 50)% increased elemental damage with weapons
-+5% chance to freeze
-+5% chance to ignite
-+5% chance to shock
-(30 to 50)% reduced physical damage

Unique:
-120% increased elemental damage with weapons
-+(5 to 10)% chance to freeze
-+(5 to 10)% chance to ignite
-+(5 to 10)% chance to shock
-You can't deal physical damage
--(5 to 15)% to all elemental resistances

Would be cool for some triple herald based build or something

(those exemples are totally broken: it's just an illustration)

The implants couldn't get modified by any currency but vaal orbs, so it will be hard to get the perfect rolls on them.

I just wanted to share the idea, i know it is not going to get included into the game but i wanted to know what you guys would think of it.

Thanks for the reading, and excuse me for my pretty bad english, i'm a french player.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I want wings to do this so i can look majestic while walking around, flapping my majestic wings!

On a more serious note, i think this is a great idea. Could be something you can enchant your items with and level said enchantment by mob kills with requirements specific to the enchantment. something like "kill x mobs using elemental attacks" for the elemental one.

And of course, different ways of obtaining them instead of just rng drops would be nice.

Maybe a limit to how many you can use? or just go back to the MAJESTIC WINGS thing and make them do that :3
Ugh effort
Titty-shooters already have these.
Those can kiss my ass! Assholes killed me like 10 times in lunaris yesterday :(
Ugh effort
"
aStrayGami wrote:
Those can kiss my ass! Assholes killed me like 10 times in lunaris yesterday :(

Makes you wonder what will be killing us in Act 4. Some of the Act 3 stuff, like the pre-Dominus stuff, is some of the latest Act content, and word on the street is that GGG is pretty happy with some of the tougher stuff in Act 3...

Back to Ideas surrounding Implantables in general. It certainly seems this is the kind of crazy stuff some of the bosses have been working on. Then again, I'm not sure if this is something we're trying to stop, or something we'd be willing to jump on the bandwagon for (story-line wise.)
My Templar fell and needs a hip replacement. Can he get one with some dex?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I've suggested something somewhat similar in the past.

TD;DR - give belts a gem slot, and make any Support Gem you put in that slot affect all skill gems in your gear.

However, I think your idea is "kind of" better and more "controllable".
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info