Monster AI

Does GGG intends to keep mob AI like this? Makes luring mobs for beyond TPs the most annoying thing ever.
If anyone has any official statements about this matter please PM it to me or post it here, thanks.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Your post(drawing) is like

to me!
"If we don't end wars, wars will end us."
First one shows a 5 mobs chasing after you:
- First mob gets to a tight space, every other mob thinks it's impossible to pass through (since the fastest is there and is blocking the way) and runs away.
Second one is:
- If you are inside small purple area mob starts running away
- Outside purple, but inside blue it keeps shooting you
- Outside blue, but inside orange it starts chasing you
- Outside orange (red are) it completely ignores your existence
Last edited by KillerB on Mar 25, 2015, 1:34:04 PM
"
S4l3m wrote:
Your post(drawing) is like

to me!

the answer should be 7.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Ok, so what? Monster AI is very simple. Almost all melee damage monsters suicide charge you (same as Serious Sam) if they are close enough and have line of sight to you. Projectile damage monsters move in range to fire upon you with a variable chance that they will try to move away from you if you want to get any closer to them. Once in awhile there seams to be a random chance of a monster changing direction and moving away from you. Also if there is an obstacle there is a random chance that the monster will hide behind it and stop moving. Other than that the only weird monster movement is all desync caused as 99% of the time our visual perspective of our exile and monster positions does not match what the server simulation has as "action prediction" on server is total failure.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
sad thing is that mob AI
a) does not exist
b) does not matter

current meta (and one GGG seems to foster) is 'kill them before they see you' so who gives a damn about it...

and that wont happen. coding mob AI is one of the most difficult things in game development. thats why most developers go with the 'large packs + AOE damage' and if they want to make game more difficult they scale damage opposed to 'mechanics'.

My main prob is not that mob AI is easy, it's the fact that they block their own path and the proceed to run away which is... stupid.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info