Torment League has ended yet I'm still being tormented

Torment League has ended and all my stash tabs are added as remove-only tabs in Standard. Ok, so now I'm tormented by the fact that the 3 dozen Torment stash tabs are randomly scattered among my 42 Standard League tabs. Why can't you just add them at the end of my 106 tabs? Why do you feel the the need to overuse the RNG factor yet again to throw them in randomly? Another boring task to have to manually sort them out. And to think I used to believe that a computer could automatically organize so many things. Maybe I just don't get southern hemisphere thinking with my northern hemisphere brain. Someones thinking is upside down here (of course it's easiest to just blame me and my laziness).

EDIT: It would be a big help if in the vertical list of all my stash tabs I could move a tab up or down to sort it faster, either with the right mouse button or ctrl-left mouse.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Mar 24, 2015, 10:15:20 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
They aren't thrown in randomly. Tab number 1 in torment shows up adjacent to tab number 1 in standard. It's not GGGs fault if you randomly moved all your tabs around in Torment.

Just take 5 minutes and move the remove only tabs to the end if that's where you want them.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
If you need help, there's always gruest.
 ok, I manually sorted my stash tabs. Then this happened:
Spoiler

Web display of stash and the tabs stop after first 4. Wierd web bug, using the right arrow scroll button once and my first 4 tabs are shown at the right side at the top of the stash page and then scrolling right works for the rest of them. Only when I'm on the first tab does it do this. Add that to your bugs to be fixed list GGG. Thank you.

I counted and I'm at 142 stash tabs in Standard after the latest Torment League end. I guess the website code has a headache with that many stash tabs. Now I know why some players refer to Standard League as "scrubcore". I now must consolidate (downsize) my gear by scrubbing (vendoring) out a lot of now junk items.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

"
mark1030 wrote:
They aren't thrown in randomly. Tab number 1 in torment shows up adjacent to tab number 1 in standard. It's not GGGs fault if you randomly moved all your tabs around in Torment.

Just take 5 minutes and move the remove only tabs to the end if that's where you want them.

I did that and yes it's not a major pain so for GGG to take any "precious" programming time to make the vertical list of tabs sortable while it would be great as I'm at 142 tabs (until I downsize again) it is a very low priority nicety in the overall long term playing of PoE. GGG has much bigger concerns like: Now that the PoE ship masts have broken how the hell are we ever going to get across the desync ocean (think 5 times Pacific size) and get to the new land of low desync with superior quality of play.

I think part of your issue would go away if they could add a QoL filtering option(s)

Like hide remove only tabs.

Perhaps grouping of tabs as well could be an option, so you can create a folder to stuff your tabs into.

Ultimately you just have to sort your stuff out both before (on both sides) and after the merge, there is no easy way to combine stashes if you aren't willing to do a bit of prep work.

If you have paid tabs that are renameable you can do something similar to torm-unique belt, torm-jewlery, basically preset\name them based on the league so its easier to keep track of.

Anything you have listed for sell under 10c should be given away or vendored, that stuff won't be worth the time (especially if you aren't willing to switch leagues to trade) to trade in standard.

Its probably recommended starting at ~1 month before estimated league end to discount your stuff significantly people will be much more likely to buy stuff to use for a month then they would for a week or two (when everyone else discounts stuff)

I have read about many people being frustrated about sorting your stash, but in the end it is your responsibility and your fault it has gotten so bad, keep on top of it so you have less work every league.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Imagine if you could sort stash tabs alphabetically or by time (race rewards order). Imagine you could toggle visibility by tab type (race rewards, RO tabs, by color, premium / non-premium...). Imagine you could move tabs in the dropdown list, instead of current slow dragging around...

But alas, such futurist technology has not been invented yet :P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
mark1030 wrote:

So tab 1 in Torment is placed right after tab 1 in Standard League, tab 2... etc. And over time as tabs are re-arranged my original tab 1 could be anywhere (I have all premium stash tabs that are labeled) and so the Torment League's tabs are place numerically right after the Standard League's same tab number. Ok, so that explains a lot and I can sort of understand the illogic in that (except if I want all my RO tabs after my normal tabs) but if the stash tabs database is keeping track of re-arranged tabs isn't that more work than seeing that I have 106 tabs and just adding the 36 tabs migrating from Torment League to the end.

Note: I am still disheartened that when Chris announced (a couple years back or so) that GGG was changing the way new stash tabs are implemented switching from adding them at the end after all other tabs to converting a remove-only tab to full use (and getting ZERO new storage space if the remove-only tab chosen happened to be full) that the stated reason was for "the convenience of the players". I get that the devs had a technical problem (something to do with race tabs and how they are moved into the permanent stash as I recall) and this was the only solution they could come up with. What I don't like is for Chris to be saying that it was done as "a convenience feature" and not being honest and stating that we're stuck here and this is our only solution and not BS us to cover up a problem. If GGG coders have a technical problem I can easily understand by them stating (as simply as possible) what it is and why we (GGG) are making this programming change to correct the problem instead of hiding behind a BS "convenience" statement. I'm understanding that PoE is super complicated (a game of this magnitude has to be) and there are multitudes of "behind the curtain" technical things that we (the players) should never be exposed to but being up front and honest is the only way to keep my trust in GGG.

"a convenience feature"

I think it was at least in-part done as that though.

Imagine participating in a race event (and now PvP) and you have a few dozen stash tabs, you may not know you won an event or a lottery (for one of the prizes) if it was moved onto the last stash tab until who knows how long, discourages participation.

Regardless, whether it was done for technical or logical reasons ultimately you are responsible for your stash, why blame GGG for something you can fix on your own?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
my original tab 1 could be anywhere (I have all premium stash tabs that are labeled) and so the Torment League's tabs are place numerically right after the Standard League's same tab number. Ok, so that explains a lot and I can sort of understand the illogic in that (except if I want all my RO tabs after my normal tabs) but if the stash tabs database is keeping track of re-arranged tabs isn't that more work than seeing that I have 106 tabs and just adding the 36 tabs migrating from Torment League to the end.

There are some hassles with the stashtab handling, yes. But at first you have to see it as: they dont want to 'gift' you for causing costs. Yes, keeping RO-tabs increases the server load/capacity "for free" for the users, and we cant say for sure for how much. So, it should be at least slightly annoying and remember you about your 'ability' to clean it up ;)

It is indeed a greater inconvenience for renamed (premium) tabs, bacause its harder to differ compared to plain numeric ones; but on the other hand, premiums can easily be renamed again to recreate 'consistence' while gaps in standard tab numbering will stay.

Then finally: its not that fast & easy with a long tab list - but you CAN drag any tab with left-mouse to sort them as you like/need.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info