Lots of projectiles

Hi everyone.
Finished normal difficulty and nearly ended act 1 cruel with my summoner. To be honest I found him a little bit boring. Probably because the previous hack'n'slash I played, was also using a summoner-like character. Adding the fact that the current league is gonna end soon and a new one will come, which I'm sure I'll join, I want to play a build that is more engaging.
Here comes the thing. It should be beginner friendly and contain lots of projectiles that either pierce, chain, arc, proc, curse or do some other crazy stuff. The more the better. As I lack experience I don't even know if spells or bows are better for it. I hope you propose some builds.
Tornado shot. One the top tier builds in the game, cheap and Tons of projectiles (5 arrows that explodes into 5 arrows = 25 arrows 360* full screen coverage). Add that with pierce, drillneck, and a decent crit bow, and you got some 1 shotting action going on. Arguably the most used/effective ranged builds atm. Cant go wrong with it...
Last edited by KayosLegion on Mar 22, 2015, 10:00:51 PM
Lots of builds are fun. I've had fun with most builds I've tried except Flame Totem.

I'd recommend sticking with any build until about level 75 though. This will give you truer understanding of the build throughout all many levels and difficulties.

Some builds don't even ramp up until around level 60-65, where they suddenly become more fun because they begin feeling more strong, summoner is such a build normally, which likely explains why you found it boring through lower levels.

Other builds do the opposite, they are really fun at lower levels, but not so much at high levels. Then there are builds that are fun throughout.

Arc build might be a good choice for you since you want projectiles. I'd use a witch with wands for Arc, but some might prefer a shadow.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Mar 22, 2015, 10:13:46 PM
If you want fun, you should stay away from minions/totem/trap mechanic.
"
camapngu133 wrote:
If you want fun, you should stay away from minions/totem/trap mechanic.

Speak for yourself, fire trapper is alot of fun.
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
Sounds like you might be interested in the legendary shatterchuck/cast on crit build. Has CRAZY dps, along with an insane amount of projectiles. The only problem is it only starts to actually get going around 50 or so, but thats not too bad. Also, it is abit memory intensive, so a decent computer is reccomended
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info