[1.3.1] Dual-Wield Divinarius Crit Arc - Life based Witch

Hello! before i begin, i sincerely apologise if this build does not live up to todays standard of (200k dps, 1 minute clear gorge, uber atziri killer), This is just a simple build that anyone can follow, it is hardcore viable, but it requires adjustments i have not yet made, as i am primarily a softcore player.

This Build is Hardcore Capable, however, it requires adjustments!

Arcs Mechanics
Arcs main mechanic is its ability to Chain to enemies who are pretty close together... the chance to shock is crazy high and will make killing enemies much easier. The Unique Helmet The Three Dragons Gives you the ability to freeze instead of shock, which would help immensely with crowd control. As you level up Arc, you can chain more often. Arc is a great beginner skill, and is incredibly powerful.

How much does this build cost?
This build is made up of 3 main unique items total... Divinarius, Cloak of Defiance, and last, but not least... Doryani's Invitation. These items cost below 1 ex each in Standard.

Lets put my gear in for example...

All of the above items have cost me atleast 4 ex for all of it, despite me self finding all of those items, i did however do a price check before posting this piece of information, so, what you see is authenticate to todays prices.

So, the price of the gear? 3-4 Ex.

Skill Tree
Lets keep this simple.

Points 1-23

Here, we will start off by taking both cast speed and spell damage nodes, towards Elemental Dominion, and take it! Then, we head towards Annihilation for a nice boost in crit chance at an early level! Now we go to the other starter pathway, taking Mana nodes and grab Deep Wisdom, this node isnt entirely life changing like a spontaneous stroke, but it unlocks the next notable node, Heart and Soul for a generous boost of life and mana, both important survivability nodes for Cloak of Defiance.

Points 24-47

Now we travel up towards InstabilityFor an extra Power Charge, we move to the left to get the two Notable Nodes... Cruel Preparation and Deep Thoughts for a massive boost in survivability! Then we move to the right, and take Throatseeker for a nice boost of crit multi, we would need this because we will be critting fairly often, and the more crits, the more damage output! Lastly, we travel towards the Shadow section for Written in Blood for survivability in both ES (temporary) and life, then we finally grab Doom Cast. for another nice boost of crit.

Points 48-70

We take the final nodes towards the shadow, which is good, because, shadow is the small part of this build. Travel towards Coldhearted Calculation to gain pathway to Assassination for that lovely Ass ;) its okay mods, SFW! Now we head towards the Templar Section, we take the upper path, and head towards and eventually take Arcane Potency for a nice crit chance increase, and our last crit chance increase. Then we continue for a short while until we grab the Notable node Purity of Flesh for life and chaos resistance, and then we go across the path to grab some yummy Aura nodes and then the notable Sovereignty so we can have less mana reserved, which means better survivability! (because, Cloak of Defiance).

Points 71-105

Here comes the final push! Keep travelling on the outside until you take Devotion and then straight across to Elementalist for some more chances to shock n stuff. We move up and take Light of Divinity for both spell damage, and cast speed, take the last cast speed node, and move across to Overcharge Now, this is a different overcharge to what you get at McDonald's... you know, a big mac for $5.30 for this tiny thing they call a burger... Anyway!!! after you grab overcharge, go from Elementalist and move right towards Discipline and Training For a huge increase in life. Move up and take Retribution for more cast speed, and more spell damage!, Finally move down from Discipline and Training and get Sanctity for some more survivability, and soon, mana regen.

Now, here comes the final path... from This Int Node move down and take a +30 dexterity node, which will come in handy because of AA (Will explain what AA is in next spoiler section.) and continue downwards and get Mental Rapidity for added cast speed, then we continue down and take the the godly Inner Force for a nice self buff! We continue moving down and take Shaper for some mana regen and life regen, and then we go towards the scion wheel, and take Constitution for another nice life increase.

At anytime, you can take Eldritch Battery to convert all your ES into mana.

Skill gem setup

Arc 4L = Arc/Spell Echo/Power Charge on Crit/Increased Critical Damage
Arc 5L = Arc/Spell Echo/Power Charge on Crit/Increased Critical Damage/Faster Casting
Arc 6L = Arc/Spell Echo/Power Charge on Crit/Increased Critical Damage/Faster Casting/Lightning Penetration

Vaal Stormcall 4L = V-Stormcall/Increased Critical Strikes/Spell Echo/Increased Duration

Usual CWDT setup... CWDT/Immortal Call/Enduring Cry/Increased Duration

Herald of thunder 3l = Herald of Thunder/Curse on hit/Assassins Mark

Auras = Clarity/Herald of Ice/Reduced Mana

Arctic Armour is just, Arctic Armour...

Gear

Flask Setup

Dat mana flask doe, you can replace that with a higher level one, or just another quicksilver if you wish.

Offensive/Defensive sheets

Offensive
Without power charges

With power charges

Defensive

Bandits: Oak/Alira/Alira

I'm still deciding if i should provide a video or not, if i do, it would just be a vanilla video, no talking, just, me arcing through a map.

Would like some feedback, this build isnt for OP people, its more for the basics :)
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I do have some feedback.

1. Light Pen > Faster Casting > Increased Critical Damage (Roughly: 35%+ > 27% > 25% more damage for each support. Light Pen is also a lot more consistent and helps immensely against highly resistant bosses.)

2. Since you decided to use PCoC for the superior power charge generation, it is a waste putting Assassin's Mark into your CoH setup. Either use Ele Weakness/Conductivity or consider using HoT alone and use the gem slots for something else.

3. Divinariuses are not the best weapons to use with Arc. You can buy daggers with similar stats for cheaper, use higher implicit daggers, or even better: use wands. All the rares also have the advantage of 1% light leech being possible to be crafted onto them.
-Also your mana regen seems a bit low and won't support lvl20 AA. Hence you probably should point out that you need mana regen on your rings (even if you are using your rings just because you don't have any better at the moment)

4. Taking Alira's 4% cast speed reward is not worth it at all

5. Your tree could use improvements.
-Generally, it is not worth going down into the life wheel unless you play on HC (or just want to be super safe) and plan on taking all of it, or you want to get Vaal Pact.
-You take the Witch cast speed nodes, but could instead get Nimbleness for +3% cast speed for the same amount of points. Even better, since you are dual wielding, you could re-arrange the pathing and take the Dark Arts cluster for the most efficient cast speed nodes on the tree.
-Even though you are using PCoC you don't take the 4% spell power per power charge node, which is, at 7 power charges, basically a 28% spell dmg node.
-You don't need to take any Aura effect or Aura reservation nodes. The extra mana regen from Clarity is not worth it and you already have the extra 1% extra resist from PoL from Inner Force. The only reason to use them would be to run Discipline for the extra MoM mana pool.
-It shows you not taking EB and the power charge in Shadow in your 105 point tree. It seems you did take EB, and I am not sure whether you took the power charge or not, but just for other readers it would probably be good to show your final tree.
-You miss a lot of really good Lightning Dmg nodes, especially the Heart of Thunder cluster which is 14% point efficiency + extra light pen. I see you take some cast speed nodes instead, which is fair enough, but it would still be better to take those very efficient Light Dmg nodes instead and then, for example, get cast speed on your weapons.
-The 105 point tree also shows you taking no Dex nodes.
Last edited by Cabesi on Mar 21, 2015, 1:39:31 PM
Thank you for the feedback, i generally wanted to use divinarius because its different i suppose, and pretty basic... :)

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
Cabesi wrote:
2. Since you decided to use PCoC for the superior power charge generation, it is a waste putting Assassin's Mark into your CoH setup. Either use Ele Weakness/Conductivity or consider using HoT alone and use the gem slots for something else.

This is flat out incorrect. Assassin's mark is not just used for pc generation

"Cursed enemies have an additional x% Chance to receive a Critical Strike"
"Cursed enemies take x% more extra damage from Critical Strikes"

It's straight up adding multiplicative damage, rather than additive re: ele weakness, and thus is more effective than ele weakness in crit caster builds. The only time you would throw in ele weakness is if you're running dual curse.

"
5. Your tree could use improvements.
-Generally, it is not worth going down into the life wheel unless you play on HC (or just want to be super safe) and plan on taking all of it, or you want to get Vaal Pact.

For the purposes of AA, this is also incorrect. He's already moving down to Inner Force and Shaper for the benefit of auras/heralds, making the rather small step to the scion life wheel the logical choice.

"
-You don't need to take any Aura effect or Aura reservation nodes. The extra mana regen from Clarity is not worth it and you already have the extra 1% extra resist from PoL from Inner Force. The only reason to use them would be to run Discipline for the extra MoM mana pool.

Which directly impacts the ability to level AA to cap, which is also worth it, defensively. Synergizes with cloak. However, I agree, discipline should be run here for the same reason.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Mar 21, 2015, 3:24:23 PM
"
Serleth wrote:

This is flat out incorrect. Assassin's mark is not just used for pc generation

"Cursed enemies have an additional x% Chance to receive a Critical Strike"
"Cursed enemies take x% more extra damage from Critical Strikes"

It's straight up adding multiplicative damage, rather than additive re: ele weakness, and thus is more effective than ele weakness in crit caster builds. The only time you would throw in ele weakness is if you're running dual curse.

Ele weakness is not additive. It is multiplicative as well and its multiplier is a lot bigger than what Assassin's mark has to offer.

"
Serleth wrote:

For the purposes of AA, this is also incorrect. He's already moving down to Inner Force and Shaper for the benefit of auras/heralds, making the rather small step to the scion life wheel the logical choice.

A very small benefit for the amount of points. This is a personal preference, of course, but just sayin'.

"
Serleth wrote:
Which directly impacts the ability to level AA to cap, which is also worth it, defensively.

Whether it impacts his personal setup isn't strictly relevant. He is posting a build that supposedly other people can follow. While his unique situation might warrant it, others would be just wasting points when they could simply get mana regen on rings.

"
Serleth wrote:

Irrelevant, if he's got it covered on gear.

Again, this is supposed to be a build others can follow.
With the dexterity issues, you can easily invest 1 skill point into a +30 dex node on either side of the witch area, its not hard :)

Nice option but i cant say I understand divinarus... dem daggers for aoe... the cheapest of cheap will yield more crit, more sp dam and most important cast sp.

accessible probably... anyways nice build.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 24, 2015, 3:02:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info