just a reminder ! CC (smoke) mines don't work the same way as traps (puncture for example)

See the edit first.

Let's start with a puncture trap with CC (clever construction) :

Let's say player A throws a CC puncture trap(s) and player 2 immediately tries to de-trap it by throwing some form of traps on top of the CC puncture trap (fire or bear trap(s)). No matter when the contact is made between two traps, before 2.5 sec CC timer or afterward, upon contact, both traps go off, an arrow is shot into the air in a random direction and fire/bear trap is activated.

Now the case with smoke mine :

player A plant a smoke mine under his feet and player B throws a trap on top of the mine:

A) players B's trap touches the mine before the 2.5sec CC timer is finished:

Results in : players B's trap goes off (bear/firetrap (there will be burning ground and explosion) also for player B it shows the animation that both traps went off and engaged to each other. Yet, player A is able to teleport to the mine at any given time, detonate icon remains active to be used.

B) the contact between two traps is made after CC time has run out, works normal and both the trap and the mine go off/destroyed.

There's no way for player B to tell whether the smoke mine is still active and the contact was made after the CC timer or not (except counting the time if he has the vision of player A planting the mine!) by looking at the animation which is in fact completely misleading.

This bug happened to me hundreds of time and I was like, hmm my trap went off but my opponent still teleported to his mine ... well maybe I hit a trap in nearby ... nope sir, mine is bugged and the animation is an illusion exile.

I've tested smoke mine a bit in past few days and I've found lots of major bugs with it that no one has used it yet. I might reveal those next week.

Edit: Apparently mines are not supposed to be activated the same way as traps. So, this is probably intended. I will not delete this post since it shows you can't play around mines for future references.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Mar 20, 2015, 6:24:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info