Book vs Tablet

I miss books, really I do. I miss that fresh paper, cardboard smell... I miss passing my thumb across the edge of the book pages to create that pleasant little breeze. That amazing feeling of turning the page knowing you have your trusty book mark to help you save your place. Those moments are to be gone...

Tablet, the convenience of taking thousands of authors with you... Not worrying about a wet edge of a book or a torn edge. Nothing delicate unless you're clumsy.

What do you prefer?
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Screw e books, real books are the real deal.
Tablet. I used to love buying a new book. The feel, the smell, the sense of ownership. But I have also seen the other side. A favorite book recently fell apart as the inferior glue they now use failed the spine.

Torn pages, having to move them (this alone warrants their fate), and dust.

Tablet. Holds every book I own plus internet. Nuff said.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Tablet. I used to love buying a new book. The feel, the smell, the sense of ownership. But I have also seen the other side. A favorite book recently fell apart as the inferior glue they now use failed the spine.

Torn pages, having to move them (this alone warrants their fate), and dust.

Tablet. Holds every book I own plus internet. Nuff said.

Unless you break the tablet.
Somewhere I have a photo of my father sitting in front of our library. Well over a thousand hardcover books. I have moved that pile several times. Today I rather have to buy three tablets to back up the one I use everyday in case it breaks.
I prefer hardcover "real" books, but since I'm living in a pretty small flat with my wife, I tend to buy ebooks now, because we simply don't have the space to keep everything we read.
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Mar 18, 2015, 11:55:38 AM
Without Ebooks, I would still be shopping my book around to publishers. With Ebooks, I can add author to my resume. (up to 60 books sold now - ten paid for!)
there is no contest. books are better. books are just better, it's as simple as that.
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
Books, even though my library is full and I'm storing some away to make space for the new ones.
I'll switch to ebooks eventually, but it'll be a sad day. Tablets have more covenience, but give me a somewhat lacking experience...

Comics will always be on paper only for me, that's for sure!
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
I used to love books for the same reasons mentioned by the other posters but now I use the tablet and can't go back.

I used to collect records. Looking over the cover art whilst the music played but it never stayed in pristine condition. Scratches would occur, I spilled beer on a few covers as well.

Then I collected CDs. I had a couple of the partition boards that was commonly found in offices and I used to attach Velcro tabs to the back of the cd covers and made a couple of walls displaying all my favorite CDs. But I moved around a fair bit in those days and had to pack them up into several large boxes until one day they were all stolen in a house break in (I wasn't insured back in those days). It broke me. Now I store all my music on the PC and transfer whatever I want to listen to onto the iPod. Thousands of songs in the palm of my hand that I can take anywhere. It's a no brainer, technology is the bomb.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info