HLDer helping LLDers that want to start HLD!

I respect what you're doing. I think PvP in this game has so much potential, we just need more people to do it. Sure, some things require a little tweaking on GGG's end, but imo, the biggest problem is the lack of community.

I actually was originally under the impression that gear was critical to PvP in POE, but as I've continued to make builds in the game, I've found that very strong, top-tier chars can be built < 50ex. I still do believe that you need 20ex+ (including gems and all), but I think a lot of players have that kind of currency. Anyways, it's great we're educating the population on the feasibility of PvP, especially without needing to spend massive amounts of exalts.

However, I will say that being more open about builds and gear might be needed to get more people into it. If someone can read a detailed guide about an awesome build, and then think "hey I can acquire this gear", then the barrier to entering the PvP scene is a lot lower. For example, in D2 (I know I keep going back to D2, but there was a large PvP community) pretty much every top-end build was easily visible, gear and stats, which made it easier for casual players to emulate top players and get excited about PvP. I partly think that the shroud of ambiguity we create contributes to the idea that PvP requires 200 exalts.

Look, I understand the time that all of us have spent on trees and gear, heck I've consumed a shit ton of regrets myself, but I think we as a community need to be more open about our stuff to get people interested. Perhaps as a start not divulging our trees, but at least pointing people in the right direction on gear, specifically BiS items or at least what to aim for.

I know that a good tree is worth it's weight in gold, so I'd never ask a committed high level dueler for their tree BUT

What if a few of the decent high level pvpers made hypothetical trees for builds they don't play?
I know it would take some effort, and would encourage some cookie cutter builds, but it would give people a starting point.

Throw together a quick guide of gear and tree for an arc caster, molten strike 1h, cyclone 2h, etc

There are five or six people active on the forums who participate in hld, maybe make one each and make an HLD builds list to mirror AndKamen's LLD builds list? I think that would help a lot with getting people started. Easier to make then tweak than it is to start from nothing and hope your pve prowess will help you pvp.
"
jcostello1 wrote:
I know that a good tree is worth it's weight in gold, so I'd never ask a committed high level dueler for their tree BUT

What if a few of the decent high level pvpers made hypothetical trees for builds they don't play?
I know it would take some effort, and would encourage some cookie cutter builds, but it would give people a starting point.

Throw together a quick guide of gear and tree for an arc caster, molten strike 1h, cyclone 2h, etc

There are five or six people active on the forums who participate in hld, maybe make one each and make an HLD builds list to mirror AndKamen's LLD builds list? I think that would help a lot with getting people started. Easier to make then tweak than it is to start from nothing and hope your pve prowess will help you pvp.

Well that's pretty much what I do, I've made so many trees for people that asks for it
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
I've done the same thing to a couple of peeps in LLD already, and I understand what people's misconceptions and mistakes are when making/gearing/playing LLD. I guess the same can be said for HLD.

Tommie has already given me tons of good advice, and his effort for doing this is very commendable. I also think that giving out personal trees or trees made catering to the average won't be as helpful as one on one consultations. I personally wouldn't give any of my LLD trees for others to use, as my own trees are made around what gear I have, and vice versa.

One on one advice giving is definitely the best way to go about it, so +1 to what you're doing Tommie, and keep on doing it.
"
A222 wrote:
I've done the same thing to a couple of peeps in LLD already, and I understand what people's misconceptions and mistakes are when making/gearing/playing LLD. I guess the same can be said for HLD.

Tommie has already given me tons of good advice, and his effort for doing this is very commendable. I also think that giving out personal trees or trees made catering to the average won't be as helpful as one on one consultations. I personally wouldn't give any of my LLD trees for others to use, as my own trees are made around what gear I have, and vice versa.

One on one advice giving is definitely the best way to go about it, so +1 to what you're doing Tommie, and keep on doing it.

Thanks!

And yeah as you said it'd also be stupid to give a full tree out since pvp is based alot of your tree and if you're given one you don't really know why certain paths are taken and in future patches you will have a hard time knowing what to take and such.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
why LLDers should need help to make a hld spec. most of them know way mo bout mechanics, broken stuff and how to abuse shit than HLDers. they probably could help u, lol.
"
LMSLMSLMS wrote:
why LLDers should need help to make a hld spec. most of them know way mo bout mechanics, broken stuff and how to abuse shit than HLDers. they probably could help u, lol.

LLD is completely different from HLD.

Spoiler
If I would need help so would you due to always loosing to me :P
propper llder has nough knowledge and would just go for it if hes intrested, hld is no rocket science...

to ur spoiler: dunno when u "always" beat me but mkay, has nothin to do with what i said anyways. im talkin bout llders not me. i know hard for sum1 like u to understand dat there are actually ppl who dont talk 24/7 bout themselfs :S

"
"
LMSLMSLMS wrote:

Spoiler

i really wanna see that match cause i killed all of your chars in the arena but i cant kill LMS unless i get very lucky and he makes some huge mistakes
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Mar 19, 2015, 6:49:07 AM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
"
LMSLMSLMS wrote:

Spoiler

i really wanna see that match cause i killed all of your chars in the arena but i cant kill LMS unless i get very lucky and he makes some huge mistakes

Sarn arena is pretty meh for pvp tbh, and if you want to try a good ea try fight miesdeldolor

"
LMSLMSLMS wrote:
propper llder has nough knowledge and would just go for it if hes intrested, hld is no rocket science...

to ur spoiler: dunno when u "always" beat me but mkay, has nothin to do with what i said anyways. im talkin bout llders not me. i know hard for sum1 like u to understand dat there are actually ppl who dont talk 24/7 bout themselfs :S

Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Mar 19, 2015, 7:18:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info