First Build Guide - Cryogenic Crit Cyclone

Please forgive the amateur style of this guide it is my first ever. No Vids etc, as I have no capture software (or frankly the interest)

I'd like to claim originality in the build as I've not seen it in the wild, on the forums or YouTube but if i am proven wrong kudos to whoever came up with this first.

The idea for this build was to focus an evasion/melee build around freezing mobs to give 2 styles of damage avoidance, evasion and freezing down everything while we pummel the living daylights out of them leaving only a trail of broken icy chunks in our wake.

I wanted a dual dagger build with no block emphasis but fairly consistent uptime of Power(4), Endurance(3) and Frenzy Charges(3).

As I play a mostly self found game (I can't enjoy the current trade system and refuse to sell anything in its current format) this is likely a budget style build for many but was pretty expensive for me given my limited resources.

The builds main skill is Cyclone + Faster Attacks + Added Cold + Weapon Elemental Damage & Power Charge on Crit. ~ 15k DPS

Single Target - Dual Strike + Multi Strike + Added Cold + Faster Attacks ~ 32k DPS

Auras - Purity of Elements + Hatred + Reduced Mana Cost (also Grace here when needed)

Utility - Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Warlords Mark + Reduced Mana (admittedly Herald of Thunder would be more effective but it would be thematically wrong in my opinion)

I use a lot of uniques, mainly because I have them (I have a pokemon attitude to unique gear Gotta catch them all), a few nice things I've crafted or bought and one shitty army (I really needed the strength roll)

Here is the gear
Spoiler

Queen of the Forrest is there thanks to the recent build of the week as I'd forgotten it was tri-resist, my original build used Bronn's Lithe for the +2 and IAS but i think the resist is probably better.

Some interesting things I found along the way:
- Immortal Call paired with Cast When Damage Taken actually reduced my survivability as i rely on Endurance changes for leech and resists
- I had 5 Power Charges for a while but found that dropping one didn't measurably affect my crit rate
- Blood Rage was too stressful (for my play style anyway), the Blood Dance boots pretty well keep me in frenzy charges
- I think Maligaros would be better than Snakebite but I don't have a pair for starters and I kinda like the IAS and Poisoning traits (Poison is actually pretty cool, oftentimes when I've had to do a runner, out of flasks or the like its thins the herd a little)

I run 2 hybrid flasks, 2 Jade flasks and a quicksilver
Spoiler

As I have such low base life and some mana issues since i went 5L on Cyclone hybrids are pretty much perfect and the Jades are awesome when faced with faster mobs or extra projectiles. The quicksilver is just for getting around, I'v been thinking of a quartz in its place as a get out of dodge panic flask.

The skilldrasil is far from optimised as I struggle to plan these things out in advance but its working out quite nicely

So while imperfect it allows me to map quite comfortably upto about lvl 70 with less than 2k life and without Vaal Pact (I suspect I'll need this to push into the harder content), I'm working myself up to and Atziri run (it will be my first)

Hope you enjoy it and fingers crossed Chris and the gang consider it for a showcase as I think it is fun ;p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info