Detonate Dead + CoC. can this be a thing again?

I got the urge to play my failed Molten Strike CoC build. It originally needed to play with Infernal Mantle, but I don't have a 5L for it, so I have to settle for Tabula. Anyway, I was looking for another Fire AoE spell that wasn't fireball, and I forgot about DD.

All you need is corpse generation. I was thinking Desecrate + spell totem, or even Desecrate itself in the CoC links.

what do you guys think of what the dps will be? dont have enough practice yet with CoC builds.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Desecrate has a limit on 3 casts with a timer. You will find out that this limit is spent on the first hit, and after that you will not generate enough bodies to kill any bosses.

It does work, as CoC triggers both desecrate and DD, but you don't get enough bodies to kill anything but whites.
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
"
enveratise wrote:
I was looking for another Fire AoE spell that wasn't fireball

Firestorm maybe? Why is it that no one likes firestorm?
http://slysherz.blogspot.com
"
Gilgamesjh wrote:
Desecrate has a limit on 3 casts with a timer. You will find out that this limit is spent on the first hit, and after that you will not generate enough bodies to kill any bosses.

It does work, as CoC triggers both desecrate and DD, but you don't get enough bodies to kill anything but whites.

You're right about the Desecrate thing. Corpses really limit it too much. I actually did test this after I noticed that Desecrate isn't really good for CoC. I linked it to spell totem instead, but I was testing it on Gneiss and it still took a DAMN long time to kill him. though to be fair...

I guess I still need to test it at high levels. hope it works out.

"
DnAngel wrote:
"
enveratise wrote:
I was looking for another Fire AoE spell that wasn't fireball

Firestorm maybe? Why is it that no one likes firestorm?

I don't use firestorm because I took an AOE cluster, which fucks up the dps for firestorm. I'm not using Conc. E. atm, since I'm having a hard time to survive and I need Life Gain.
links for ref:

I DID plan to use it though, but stormcall just flat out wrecks it in terms of damage, especially after I took said aoe cluster.

Please do note that I just revived the build. I focused on the CoC part early on so I know my defenses are gimped. I'll rework it when I get motivated enough. :P

anyone else testing out DD CoC? is the corpses the only real limiting factor in this?

EDIT: before anyone says, yes, my Desecrate gem is low level too. dps testing FTL
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Last edited by enveratise on Mar 17, 2015, 7:54:08 AM
Cast On Melee Kill + Detonate Dead.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
Cast On Melee Kill + Detonate Dead.

kinda want it for Single Target as well as multi though, since I don't want to rely on burn (Infernal Mantle)
I am levelling a CoC Groundslammer (this is where I tested Desecrate and DD), and are using Flame surge+Glacial cascade in a 5-link Carcass Jack. Together with Herald of Ice, this is currently clearing 71-72 maps with ease (I am level 73), haven't tried anything higher.

With CoC you really want something that triggers often, and preferably without a delay. DD triggers too slowly because of the delay to Desecrate, and it also randomly chooses corpses on the field to explode, not necessarily a corpse where the enemies are. It worked great for white enemies, mostly because of Herald of Ice, but not for bosses.

I think I used around 15 minutes to kill merciless Vaal...
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info