Elemental Equilibrium Keystone Discussion

I'd like to start a discussion on the Elemental Equilibrium keystone.

Do you guys think that it is too strong as is currently?

It can not be dispelled and very very few builds can overcap all their resists to 125%.
It makes even simple cws triggered spells strong but where it really shines is with combinations of different element +3 skills like arc-cold snap or firestorm-cold snap for example. It also makes a +3 molten shell with fire pen even more OP.

Caster builds (the primary build type that uses the EE keystone build) can use aurumvorax at the expense of one of their sceptres/wands to do a quick swap that negates EE while losing only a fraction of their damage. Almost all other builds with the exception of possible marauders (easily accessible +15 ele resist node) with perfect gear can not cap all of their resists without dropping their weapon slot and becoming next to useless. (bows/sword/dagger/facebreakers etc)

I think that in pvp the keystone elemental equilibrium should either be able to be dispelled by a warding flask or should receive the same treatment as the ziggy d ring (60% effectiveness or only -30 res penalty).

Now I haven't seen too many builds that revolve around that keystone but the few I have and the one I've been messing around with are really strong. Do you think this warrants a balance change before it becomes too used or we should leave it as is and see if it remains relatively niche in use? How do you deal with builds that use multiple elemental damage outputs where you cant just overcap one resist to 125% but need resists across the board? Are flasks with +20-30 elemental resistance during flask duration an acceptable albeit very temporary solution?

While on the subject of EE, how do you feel about cast when stunned? COD was nerfed in damage. Do you think that cws skills deal too much damage right now (especially combined with EE) or they are fine.

ps. Now I've probably raised more questions about this topic than I've answered but I'm curious what you think about it. Discus :)
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Imho it is not only the keystone itself which makes it so strong. Consider the fact that you have to use anti freeze vs (almost) every EE user which is either dreamfrag or wanderlust, so you end up with one wasted slot to compensate this. Most EE builds are not even getting the full potential out of it (missing curses). You have to make too many sacrifices considering the little effort an EE user has to put into that. -30% is way too much though this would make this keystone itself unusable. I would aim for 80% effectivness which means that you end up with -40%.
I think EE is too strong in LLD for multiple reasons, the first one is how hard it is to get all overcapped resists. You can proc it every easily with either tempest shield or any auto target skill and even sparks. Combine to this a molten shell and this really becomes a pure melee hard counter, the molten can 1 shot over 1k hp when EE'd.

EE is not that op in HLD because you can achieve much higher resists very easily.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
EE is perfectly fine for LLD. Scrubs don't have enough elemental resists! Bring 1 of every flask to a fight and you're set. You should also run Purity of elements, overcap resists and wear a saffell's frame against Casters for LLD. Make sure you get those Aura nodes so you get the extra bonus max res from a level 23 Purity!

I mean come on, it's not that bad now. EE only takes off 2 item pieces worth of resist! You have so many more to cap your resists on.

Source: Balance by GGG from Season 1 in 1.3.1 patch.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
Last edited by Skyforth on Mar 14, 2015, 2:51:01 PM
"
Skyforth wrote:
EE is perfectly fine for LLD. Scrubs don't have enough elemental resists! Bring 1 of every flask to a fight and you're set. You should also run Purity of elements, overcap resists and wear a saffell's frame against Casters for LLD. Make sure you get those Aura nodes so you get the extra bonus max res from a level 23 Purity!

I mean come on, it's not that bad now. EE only takes off 2 item pieces worth of resist! You have so many more to cap your resists on.

Source: Balance by GGG from Season 1 in 1.3.1 patch.

I got misled by your first sentence, but I'm relieved you weren't serious.

I've been saying EE has needed attention for awhile now and the reasons seem to have already been spoken. We haven't even seen the extent of what EE can do in LLD because people haven't explored it enough. Ask lapiz if you want to see his new build.
Last edited by mimivirus on Mar 14, 2015, 3:49:12 PM
I personally like EE. It makes gameplay much more dynamic rather than just spamming one skill over and over.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
In theory it does, magic, in practice it just means tempest shield/cold snap/molten shell have insane buffs without any negative impact. I made a thread about this a while back.

Acro was absolutely insane, now the block is nerfed with acro and armor is nerfed.

RT is amazing, yet you cannot be a crit build.

Pain attunement is OP when used properly, yet you have to sacrifice 70% of life.

EE is much like these other cornerstones, it's an insanely efficient buff, although there is no real practical negative impact.

A temporary 25% buff is insulting to even add on the node. That's really only a PVE downside which I understand.

I think in PVP not only should tempest shield not proc EE (since.. it's not a user spell in any fucking way and allows any1 with malachai ring to EE temp shield which cannot be the design GGG had in mind) but the down side of EE should be +maximum res to nonspells rather than +res.
"

Elemental Equilibrium : EE is a completely un-counterable passive ability, making it strong for builds that can utilize it. We can counter curses with curse immunity pots, but EE persists until its duration ends. There are enough ways to tweak EE : making it removable with curse immunity pots (yes i know its not a curse), reduce its duration to 3seconds for pvp, reduced the value from -50% to -30% or something.

my season 1 feedback, cause im really bored to repeat myself again.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
It's well balanced. Mages > Everyone.

Like in real life.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
"

Elemental Equilibrium : EE is a completely un-counterable passive ability, making it strong for builds that can utilize it. We can counter curses with curse immunity pots, but EE persists until its duration ends. There are enough ways to tweak EE : making it removable with curse immunity pots (yes i know its not a curse), reduce its duration to 3seconds for pvp, reduced the value from -50% to -30% or something.

my season 1 feedback, cause im really bored to repeat myself again.

Bro stop saying its un-counterable. I have already said you can stack res and use all res flasks. You can even use Auras. It maybe too strong is some aspects but its not un-counterable.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info