Molten Shell is Useless

Most of Melee PVP players (same faces all the time) here are complaining about how molten shell is OP and can deal huge damage when explode. However I see that molten shell is useless skill against any other build except pure melee physical damage and unfortunately it doesn't explode unless you have either good block chance or good Armour

at least it stop CRAZY PHYSICAL CYCLONER from droping your life to zero in 1-2 sec but as i said DOESN'T WORK UNLESS YOU HAVE GOOD BLOCK CHANCE OR GOOD ARMOUR RATING

Last edited by alshabibi7 on Mar 12, 2015, 12:41:45 AM
I made a post recently regarding how "useless" Molten really is against a good player. The implementation of physical to lightning adding a 2nd form of 100% elemental conversion for melee users other then avatar of fire was huge. Though if the goal for pvp is accessibility for those unwilling to swap gear/carry multiple gems/have foresight when making builds or queuing for events....well then Molten shell remains public enemy number 1.

For those that understand they can't always herp derp hold cyclone and win. Molten is just a mind game you play with your opponent. They turn it on, you counter it...next round if they are smart they ask themselves "do I keep using it, swap to something more efficient/less counterable/can he counter my next set of options?" While the other player who just countered Molten should be asking himself..."will he change, should I change in anticipation for this and what are his options?". Instead ppl aren't this good and refuse to look at pvp this way. They want to exit piety farming, go straight into pvp and fuck ppl up like there is no effort involved.

Is Molten still far too strong for what it does given the plethora of other defense options someone using Molten should already have...yes? In this games current state with actual ways around Molten as a melee, unlike what we had before...is the real problem Molten shell or Cwdt in high level?..Cwdt should be the answer here. Are constant in duel meta shifts healthy..yes. Is it discouraging when you choose wrong and die 1 hit to Molten because you didn't expect it the 2nd or 3rd time..ya, well that's how shit works. Slow down a bit...re group, swap your gems and realize that's how PvP works.

All in all, hard countered or not it does too much damage.

All in all, there are bigger issues that need addressing now in lieu of Molten shell. 2 ways to hard counter as melee, plus ranged options to avoid it entirely. Id look into EA wall mechanics or level design before shitting a brick over Molten shell now adays. Id also address Cwdt and Tempest shield,penetration gems before Molten too.

You can stop making thread after thread/post after post defending Molten shell now. You're but 1 guy and no one will listen even though I did. Molten is going to get nerfed one day, its unavoidable.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Mar 12, 2015, 1:25:06 AM
As I said its only working against melee pure physical damage with good block or good Armour rating rather than this its totally useless and very easy to counter

"
You can stop making thread after thread/post after post defending Molten shell now. You're but 1 guy and no one will listen even though I did. Molten is going to get nerfed one day, its unavoidable

In the same way please stop posting threads telling how OP molten shell is !!? while its totally crap
Last edited by alshabibi7 on Mar 12, 2015, 2:02:02 AM
"
alshabibi7 wrote:
As I said its only working against melee pure physical damage with good block or good Armour rating rather than this its totally useless and very easy to counter

"
You can stop making thread after thread/post after post defending Molten shell now. You're but 1 guy and no one will listen even though I did. Molten is going to get nerfed one day, its unavoidable

In the same way please stop posting threads telling how OP molten shell is !!? while its totally crap

Can you go somewhere else to troll
"

Can you go somewhere else to troll

+100
100lvl mele pvp QUIT
im starting to wonder if this guy actually does hld...
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Shouldnt you be busy complaining about my tempest shield? That's what you did whole 1.2, and claimed it was a 6link and all, though it wasn't at all :P
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Op has very limited knowledge of PvP game mechanics I hope no one takes him serious.

GGG really needs some more active forum moderators to clean up these crap threads.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
all comments above from physical melee player,, wondering why there are no other players XD?

As I said (same faces all the time)
Last edited by alshabibi7 on Mar 14, 2015, 10:31:19 AM
"
alshabibi7 wrote:
all comments above from physical melee player,, wondering why there are no other players XD?

As I said (same faces all the time)

I hope you are joking, someone can't be this stupid lol. Maybe you were expecting someone comes here to teach you how to one shot offscreen with MS idk, maybe.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Mar 14, 2015, 10:45:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info