Whispers of the Angels - World's dankest curser

Good morning. Here's a build.

This thread is the companion thread to a video guide I've made. Everything you need to know is in the video, and way too much more, so do feel free to watch along after the jump. I'm mostly making this thread for a chance to be featured on Build of the Week. I'm interested to see how Chris Wilson will show off a full support character.

http://youtu.be/vUtN9j8VHSw

Concepts

I wanna be the absolute guy. I want people to hit me up as soon as they see me online, and be happy to see me. To that end, I wanna be the best and most versatile support I can be. Curse on Hit is a must, as it boosts the efficacy of curses with quality, and I want the best curses.

With all the curse nodes, and a 6 link devoted to curse on hit, there's still a lot of room for gems and passive nodes, and if I'm being the best support I can be, auras are where to go next.

There are some free gem slots still, so I've chucked in conduit, and prolif Cold Snap.

Gear

Tabula is required for anything more than dual curse.

Trying to run dank auras, and not having Alpha's is dumb.

Doedre's Damning gives you a curse, and you need it.

Windscream or a +1 curse amulet are also required. A second Doedre's damning is butt; you can do much better on a ring.

Quill Rain is insane for both its projectile speed and attack speed. A fast bow of any sort will also do.

Everything else is filling resists and life.

You'll probably want more white sockets than this on your second set, but whatever, that can get expensive.

Passives

Level 55. This is where you should be cursing in docks. Either level up with a group as a curser, and follow this tree, or level up as whatever else, and respec to this at 55.

From here, pick up aura nodes, then inner force if you feel like it, then skill effect duration.

109 points b o y s

Gems

EVERY curse. Besides punishment. Ahahaha.

Main gems. You can swap ice shot for rain of arrows based on your preference.

Second set. You'll have to buy the curses and auras you can't fit in your sockets levelled.
sigfault
Last edited by Asday on Mar 9, 2015, 6:07:12 PM
I heartily invite you to come join me for some maps, and listen to the video. I speak at length on why I didn't use RoA or Ball Lightning.

The behaviour of the volunteer isn't really that important, because it's the same guy for both runs. The difference in time matters, and there certainly is a difference.

Sure, you can auto quad curse on your non support, but how many of the curse nodes do you have? What aren't you using with your sockets full of curses? Are you also giving yourself +2 auras with +2 generosity?

Thanks for your feedback.
sigfault
Last edited by Asday on Mar 10, 2015, 5:23:16 AM
I dont know about the guy providing the "feedback" but this looks pretty cool to play.
Yeah, more curse support build poping!
I can testify, it is pretty cool to play.

I concurs that ball lightning downside is clearly the fact that party could kill before you could curse. This is why you have to be super tanky and in front of everyone. Easily manageable... in standard.

Really good video guide, I would make sure to write down your advice in my guide ( hexacurse-oriented)

I have make some different choices, losing some versatility to more global utility choice, like setting purity of fire/lightning/cold aura and warlord enfeeble as mandatory, and switching with gear in my inventory (I take haku's weapon with 6 enhance/power/lighten in offhand since I'm in standard). People usually won't bother having all set to help them if you help then enough.
And with this kind of build, you attract many people and be picky about them :P.

I'll definitely rewatch your vids when new league is up, I really hope to do a bow hexacurser and your build was the more helpfull!
Guide français : http://sites.google.com/view/poefr/
Last edited by vindoq on Mar 15, 2015, 6:06:04 PM
How exactly will you hexacurse with a bow? Two 5-link setups, and fire 2 shots?
sigfault
"
sherkhan wrote:
The issue is that the game is too easy even at the top-end for a pure support to be worth it

That depends entirely on what builds the DPSbros are doing. Clear speed has increased by more in any party I've joined than a single DPS could manage.

"
sherkhan wrote:
"
Asday wrote:
How exactly will you hexacurse with a bow? Two 5-link setups, and fire 2 shots?

Not sure how OP does it, but I'd hexacurse with a 6L and vuln/eleweak asenaths.

Oh shit, you know what.

EDIT: Actually no, I think that's shit. The curses from the Asenath's Gentle Touch will be unqualitied, unlevelled, and unsupported by %CoH, AND they're kinda important ones. Vuln/Ele weak are the biggest damage boosters to all but crit builds, and temp chains gets SO good with levels and quality.

Also, this is SO low on life as it is. With windscream, double doedre's, a +1 ammy, AND asenath's, you're prolly gonna have to drop alpha's and auras entirely, which is... Well, an entirely different build.

Mine is hybrid dank, that would be pure dank. I've no experience of hexacurse, so I can't say whether it works well or not, so I won't.

(Would be interested to see it though).
sigfault
Last edited by Asday on Mar 17, 2015, 5:11:49 AM
I didn't try yet with a bow, but you can see how I did hexacurse in my thread.
I have 2 6L dedicated to cursing (1 5L and 1 6L for now) so I can put some on Empower/Enhance and have a little space for versatility.
Gameplay is basically spamming alternatively with the two curse on hit skills.

And yes, OPie GG build with hundreds of exalt in each slot don't really care if you are in their group and cursing... but that's not everyone. The biggest help is on boss, where curse effectiveness is really important, and enfeeble / temps chain allow to party without anyone dying, and the 4 other curses making the boss go down like the GG guys was playing alone, but we got full party loot. Well, discuss it in my thread, as I said, i'm playing standard and build accordingly with only 1 gear for life and barely reach 4k life, but is quite enough.

My next build is an Ice Shot one, so I'll see how good it would be for cursing and test other bow skill, but in the video, seems like it is probably the best.
Guide français : http://sites.google.com/view/poefr/
These type of characters were popular in onslaught and invasion due to the difficulty back then and the incentive to run dangerous maps (as you didn't have random Zana's appear, Zana dailies, random carto boxes and the map drops were lower to begin with) + the game difficulty being higher in general (giant skeletons, voidbearers, evangelists, chaos damage etc. all got nerfs except for undying alchemists/incinerators which actually got a slight buff).

I don't think you can justify playing a full support character now without bringing more to the table. I played a full support character in Beyond but it ran nearly every aura (blood magic), had culling through gmp power siphon, ~400IIR+ and conduit triple charge and blind. I even had EE and would swap around my generosity gem so I could get the EE debuff on whichever element I wanted. Yeah it didn't curse, but that's about the only thing it didn't do.

The reason I'm bringing up this example is to showcase how much I did as a full support character compared to your character. You don't really do anything except for quad cursing. The hilarious anecdote that 'ball lightning wasn't an option because everyone killed everything too quickly' really makes you wonder how useful your build is. I imagine the clear speed against boss type units would be substantial but it's probably not enough.
Beyond league.
Would rather have another player dealing huge amounts of damage than this build lol..
"
I don't think you can justify playing a full support character now without bringing more to the table.

"
Jaxx1989 wrote:
Would rather have another player dealing huge amounts of damage than this build lol..

So neither of you bothered to address the point that I can over double someone's damage solo with auras alone.

In the ideal case of me and 5 people with crit based hybrid builds, we'll do more damage as a group than about 16-18 people, at a rough guess, (along with being vaal hasted near permanently, so actual faster speed, too). 16 is often times more than 6.

In the cases where someone in the party is occasionally one-shotting packs, whether I'm there, or a DPS is there, makes no odds whatsoever, and is irrelevant.

vindoq has it right in that a lot of you are arguing the point assuming BiS builds, but I've literally just been joining public parties in BLD. You get some right queer builds in public parties, and there hasn't been one I've not been welcome in.

Made a good few friends, too.
sigfault

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info