Atziri Viability

Hi all!

I've been playing a while now, but I am yet to brave the Atziri fight. I have a couple of characters that I think might be viable, but they all have little chinks in their defences that worry me (given how hard people say Atziri can be!). Would any of you be able to give me some insight as to whether you think any of these guys would be able to clear Atziri, and if not, what I could do to make them viable.

Level 82 CoC Spectral Throw Scion:

Passives:

Gear:
Spoiler

This character has masses of dodge, block, evasion and movespeed, to the point where I end up only getting hit a couple of times per map. My massive concern with her is that where I've used uniques quite heavily, I only have 2.5k hp. My resists are capped except Lightning at 71%. Despite the lack of life, playstyle-wise, I would describe her as "deceptively tanky".

Level 78 Facebreaker Cyclone Duelist:

Passives:

Gear:
Spoiler

Resist capped, high block, decent dps, not ideal health pool at around 3.3k. I have a strange relationship with this character, where he can feel incredibly tanky and deepsy some of the time, but can also feel really squishy and ineffective.
Last edited by Patrae on Mar 5, 2015, 6:12:10 AM
1. Life
2. Life
3. Don't expect miracles in 1st run
4. Life
5. Level up to 85+
6. Carnage ammy is shit( life)
7. Life

Don't waste your sets. You'll get destroyed if you try now. Finish your builds first then try. Good luck :)
i would recomment at least(!) 4500hp, better 5500.
Neither of the chars i killed her with repeatedly had over 3.5k hp but the bare minimum is around 3.3k since her skills will hit you for about 3k. Even if you know the fight very well and can dodge all of her spells, you will eventually get hit - and if it is because of desync.

Don't expect to succeed on your first try unless you have a build specifically made for killing Atziri and the previous boss fights. Use your first two sacrifice sets to learn the fights. Pay close attention and learn the bosses abilities and timing. You will also notice then what you are missing to be able to do it.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Thanks for your advice thus far! I've changed around some bits and bobs and specced for a bit more life and am now up at the 3k mark.

This is the gear I'm now running:

Spoiler

Currently running my Curse on Hit setup with Herald of Thunder, running Grace and Herald of Ice on top of that. Will probably change Herald of Ice to Purity of Lightning when I find something good to replace the lightning res ring (more life!). This would give me 79/80/82 on my resists.

When Atziri starts Flameblasting, would it be worth dropping Grace for Purity of Fire to gain that little extra max res in exchange for some evasion (~10%)?
Hello!

From comments my friend made while he went through runs, you want to avoid her copies that have a vase item in their hands. Don't hit those. Work on the dual vaal bosses to get them to die at the same time.

here's a video that you can watch before doing it yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMcdpRknuEc

I suggest watching other videos so you have a higher chance to successfully complete the atziri. :)

Good luck!
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info