Desync still a problem?

Yo, haven't played for quite some time. Loved the game but trying to play melee with the desync issue just took it out of me and I decided to give the game some time.

So I was interested in seeing how the game is doing. Is desync still a problem or have they fixed it?
Desync is definitely a thing. Melee issues are also a thing. Might wanna check the Act 4 release and see what they do.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
Desync is definitely a thing. Melee issues are also a thing. Might wanna check the Act 4 release and see what they do.

Its a "thing" for some people others dont notice it much if at all. A lot has been done in recent patches to address it. Im not a fan of the broad sweeping desync is everywhere and for everyone hyperbole as it depends on many factors how bad your experience with it is.

Melee is also fine, if you go crit.. Flat non crit builds could use some love though i agree, there are no 1 handed + shield builds that can hold a candle to other dps builds. 2 handed builds though can get fairly reasonable numbers and clear speed. (Still nothing approaching the broken levels of crit + surgeons)

If you want to try an enjoyable albeit a bit slow melee build try sovryns lazy pally.

Spoiler

My lazy pally gear.

29k tooltip at level 70

Last edited by stormyknight on Mar 4, 2015, 7:14:24 PM
Yeah I usually went crit I believe. Well thanks for the info guys, guess I'll do the download and give it another go.
Just don't go near walls or ground clutter like stalagmites, those stacks on the docks or book cases in the Library/Archive when you attack. I average around 20ms latency and if I'm moving near or around any of those things I get desync'd 100% of the time and it's repeatable.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Dr Who (Tom Baker, 1976).
It is still a issue. It happens and you may still die because of it, and it will cost you quite a bit of experience at higher levels.

If you are planning to do HC, a unlucky desync may even cost you your HC progress.

So keep that in mind if you are going to start playing again.
It's different for every person.
For me it's far from game breaking.
Second-class poe gamer
Depends. If you adapt and have a good connection and are near a server (sub 50 ms latency) then it's fine. If you don't adapt, have a choppy connection or have 200+ latency, you're fucked.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
They fixed it. So you can play melee np

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info