So I'm just starting to get this whole 'race' thing down

Nine points! Whee! But, what's the point? Is it just to turn in your points for the unique/whatever items that are offered, which change each season? I napped after 3-hour-party and 1-hour-descent and woke up excited for my next race, but then was like, but why are we doing this again?

Technically, yes. You get nothing besides uniques at the end of the season.

But, if you don't care about alt arts, think of it this way: I got an offer to trade that helm for 200 exalts, or a 6l legacy shavs. So if you don't want to hoard alt arts, then know that they have massive economic value as well. And huge bragging rights as well :D.

Really though, if you don't care about alt arts and don't enjoy racing, don't do it. Personally, I love the alt arts, but more than that I love the competitive racing scene, gunning for top 5 of my class, improving my play every time, being the first to do full clears, getting demis [yet to happen :p] etc.
I play to see my stupid names pop up in the chat.
SeoHyun (www.twitch.tv/Awkamess)
My racing guides for S11:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15DtU8a7ruzt_q7x51pS6lG4QOl_XxAmcdP6RU-61qUU

"Terrex is irrelevant." ~Lonestar420 2015
Thanks guys! I really do enjoy racing it turns out, I just wasn't sure if I was missing something or not.

New question: do the items you earn just show up in your stash? Because I ended up with two of those rings after this last Unwavering race. One I'm assuming came from finally reaching 10 points (yay! ), but the other is maybe a random entry item? I got that and the altart Rustic Sash (but I swear to god they look the same)
You won 2 random raffles it sounds like.
SeoHyun (www.twitch.tv/Awkamess)
My racing guides for S11:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15DtU8a7ruzt_q7x51pS6lG4QOl_XxAmcdP6RU-61qUU

"Terrex is irrelevant." ~Lonestar420 2015
"
Awkamess wrote:
I play to see my stupid names pop up in the chat.

yeah, usually I race just so I can die towards the end and see my position on the ladder because I'm too lazy to check otherwise /s
Racing can also really improve your skills in the regular game. You push limits you never knew you could. Also, watching other racers' streams and vids can help both racing and regular play. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info