Coloring with Master

Current system is not working as it should. As i may sujest from seeing 6-link fixed price, crafting with masters was implented to eleminate random.

Nonetheless coloring with master still has random part involved.

On a certain example.

I was trying to get RRRBB on Belly of the Beast. The price for 2 specific colours is 25. So i wasted 300+ chromes trying to roll 2 blues + random, and didn't get BBRRR. Red and Green are equally prioritized for Belly if i get it right. I need 2 off colours + 3 primary colours. And all time it was giving me BB + random combo of Red and Green. Four times it was BBGGG. I just had a bad luck, i get it. But the whole idea of implanting a master is to give a player an option to avoid random component by accepting a high price. Why there is a fixed price for socketing and linking and NO fixed price form colouring?

That is bullshit.

WAY MORE logical will be to add an option to choose all six colours, one by one, increasing price each time number of specific colours is increased. And increase price exponentialy if chosen colours counted as off-colours.

For example:

Want 2 fixed + rest random - pay 25 (as it right now)
Want 2 fixed + 1 fixed + rest random - pay 100 (as it right now)
Want 2 off-colours fixed + 2 primary-colours fixed + rest random - pay 300 or 350
Want 2 off-colours fixed + 3 primary-colours fixed + rest random - pay 500
Want 2 off-colours fixed + 4 primary-colours fixed - pay 800
Want 3 off-colours fixed + 1 primary-colours fixed + rest random - pay 600
Want 3 off-colours fixed + 2 primary-colours fixed + rest random - pay 1200
Want 4 off-colours fixed - pay 1300 or whatever is fine to pay for such result.

and so on...

And thats it.

If i want six off-colours, fine, make it cost 5k, 6k, whatever you feel legit, but it will be 100%. And if a player want 2 off-colours and rest SPECIFIC primary colours, make it cost 500 for 5-link, 1000+ for 6-ling, but make it 100%.

Last edited by maxkardinal on Mar 1, 2015, 2:51:04 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Ah bro you don't know how many exalted to chrome deals i have done to colour a pure int chest in to off colours... So many times, don't you think it's fun ? Getting those exalts to buy 200 pack chromes and spam and spam until you finally get it !

Colors are very annoying, but chromes are the easiest gem to collect. I blow through a hundred or two and then go hunting them again to refill my stock.

But I can see your masters crafting working provided you can't buy all colors for an item. There should always be one random. Or not.
"
chromafunk wrote:
Ah bro you don't know how many exalted to chrome deals i have done to colour a pure int chest in to off colours... So many times, don't you think it's fun ? Getting those exalts to buy 200 pack chromes and spam and spam until you finally get it !

I don't trade much. I haven't seen any exalted drop yet. So no, i don't think its fun to sit in town, buy orbs and waste them to get nothing.

I think its fun to theorycraft builds and try them. And slay monsters in different ways.

But this game is unique in how many things its has whispering or yelling into your face: "Stop playing this game! Go away and never come back!"

GGG should be rewarder for constancy. They do not learn, consciously refuse to accept reality, and continue to destroy exellent idea, they once came up and succeeded with, as hard, as it possible.
"
Moonyu wrote:
Colors are very annoying, but chromes are the easiest gem to collect. I blow through a hundred or two and then go hunting them again to refill my stock.

That would be an option. But i ended up with combination build i'm developing right now (Shield Charge + Avatar of Fire + Faceebreaker + Prolif) can't function with. So i'm forced to play the game the way i don't want to. If that is not a sign of a design flaw, i don't know what is.
There are better people than me to tell what is wrong with that statement, but I'll try.

Gear in this game is divided into three classes. Intelligence, Strength and Dexterity. Each has a color assigned to that class.

Now each class can have a subclass such as Strength and intelligence given ng said item two base colors.

Trying to gain the third color is meant to be hard as it is not meant for that class of item. This not a game breaker, but rather a condition specifically added by GGG.

Now RNG being that annoying god of wedgies that it is, makes overriding the class set that much more difficult. However, your build is not broken by a single piece of armor. It may have what you want on it, but that is not the game being broken.
vorici chromatic calculator bro

http://siveran.github.io/calc.html

according to that your best bet was to use 1B option, and average cost would be ~380 chromes with another 100 as std deviation.

with what you did (2B) average cost is ~650, with 25 as std deviation.

so basically the best option would be 1B, second best would be to just chrome (although very large std deviation that), and 2B option is only the third best option if you go by pure probability theory.
"
grepman wrote:
vorici chromatic calculator bro

http://siveran.github.io/calc.html

according to that your best bet was to use 1B option, and average cost would be ~380 chromes with another 100 as std deviation.

with what you did (2B) average cost is ~650, with 25 as std deviation.

so basically the best option would be 1B, second best would be to just chrome (although very large std deviation that), and 2B option is only the third best option if you go by pure probability theory.

The main problem of existing tool is:

"~"

Can you give any reason why we should have fixed prices for socketing and linking, but having partly-random coloring mecanics?
Last edited by maxkardinal on Mar 3, 2015, 2:09:02 AM
The average chromatic consumption to get the colors you want is lowest when just using 1 chromatic at a time ;)
"
"
maxkardinal wrote:

The main problem of existing tool is:

"~"

Can you give any reason why we should have fixed prices for socketing and linking, but having partly-random coloring mecanics?

Yes

Chroms are much easier to acquire

Then why not make fixed price high enough to reflect availability of orbs?

Master should alloud an option to exclude random component for a higher price. Or shouldn't?
Last edited by maxkardinal on Mar 3, 2015, 3:54:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info