facebreaker builds vs weapon build

Hi there,

i am going to start a physical build but i wanted to know what type of build does more damage.An average facebreaker build or and average weapon build?

Definitely weapon.

Facebreaker builds are specialized build that requires a lot of investment and serious gears. Much like the CI builds.
For the most part, facebreaker does more dps than any RT build unless you have mirrored gear. Top tier(gear wise) facebreaker builds can also do dps on par with most crit builds. So, if you're on a budget and your priority is dps and survivability on a budget then I recommend facebreaker.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
astralgazer wrote:
Definitely weapon.

Facebreaker builds are specialized build that requires a lot of investment and serious gears. Much like the CI builds.

disagree. Ive made two different FB builds, both were very cheap (1-3ex) and powerful when solo mapping
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
astralgazer wrote:
Definitely weapon.

WTF?
FB does way more dmg and the gear for a fb build is cheap and easy to get.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Facebreaker is cheaper by far, but I've never gotten it to deal "amazing" damage. The most I got was about 8k with good rings, amulet, abyssus, and using:

Cyclone + MPD + Added Fire Damage + Faster Attacks + LGOH + Life Leech.

I didn't have leech on gear because I tried to keep it cheap. It didn't seem worth the effort to use Facebreaker. Weapons do better damage and have greater clear speeds without a doubt.

Edit:

Double checked, the most I could get was 5.3k.

No substantial damage or attack speed in tree, but gear was still good.
Last edited by Natharias on Mar 2, 2015, 5:27:58 PM
Well, my Marauder got 26k dmg now with this equip, all selffound so it was pretty cheap yeah :)

2nd Slot for heavy Ele-dmg:

"If we don't end wars, wars will end us."
Last edited by S4l3m on Mar 3, 2015, 3:50:33 AM
Cmon guys, this guy: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1210072 clears Uber without problems.. just look at the gear! The most expensive thing are 798 Facebreakers, but you can easily find 780 + for 15-25 c... And BOR, that's all. Is THiS expensive? It surely IS endgame.
Now, guys, please take a careful look at what the OP originally asked. "Average" Facebreaker vs "average" weapon. And I said that FB will require serious investement and gearing. Which is proven true by all the replies on this very thread. Especially the reply by S4l3m. Self-finding a 5L6S Lightning Brigandine? That will take a humongously SERIOUS investment, in terms of time and effort and frustration mainly. My level 84 Duelist with only BOR and WoE as the main ingredients easily hits 31k dps... with less, much less level of investment.

Let's compare:

"
S4l3m wrote:

2nd Slot for heavy Ele-dmg:

which hits 26k dps, with my gears that hit 31k dps:

Judge for yourself.

I also took a look at the other replies and the linked threads. Those threads also prove that FB requires serious investment and gearing. Pretty much like CI builds, IMHO.
Allow me to clarify. For the most part, average gear means about 5ex of gear, not self-found. That means a cheap 5l(10c to 3ex), abyssus(15c), rare gear(2-3ex), jewelry(1-2ex) and 2 chaos 750% FB.

Your main WoE BoR has a rather incomplete gearset, and if you were to use cyclone to compare your dps directly, you would have less that 20k dps. Whereas a FB build with the setup I mentioned can easily go over 50k cyclone. Why S4l3m has such low dps is likely related to skill tree choices.

Comparing it to CI builds is not even funny. FB has very specialized gear choices, not very expensive ones. CI builds are in a league of their own when comparing gear pricing.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info