Anyone have a better idea on my reaver? Taking big spike damage

I made my shadow reaver a couple weeks ago.
Everything was great after I upgrade my dagger but it's not mirror or anything.
However, I had to go armor because reave puts my in the action quite a bit.
Therefore, to hit any armor nodes I had to go duelist. I also took shield defense nodes to get better AR on my shield.

With determination, I have 52% damage reduction at level 79 plus 4 end and granite and Rumi. But I'm also wearing Abyssus.

However, in heavy physical maps, like a 75 Zana maze, Fleet and other mods extra cold, that had a lot of serpent projectiles and devourers, I was getting too much spike of 2k to stay in it. My health is 4.2k not great.

Any better path on tree for more defense?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAF4EsQUtBbUHHg5IEZYWvxmKGbQajxutG8gi6iP2JP0mlSzpL8wwfDY9OrM94kMxRJ5HfkjuSn1MYE2SUUdTu1VLVvpd8mBLYeJirGLsY0NlTWegaoxsjG1scFZ07Xiueu99dYTZhO-Hdo19jb-QCpAblWaaE5u1naqi2aOKpn-nNLDYsbO1SLaKvTa-p7_VwJzBgsgUytPN6tN-18vb1N0N44Tjn-dU53To1u1B7g71b_ba-wn8xf66_94=

Armour has to be supported to work well

endurance charges are the best, but its not an option when on the right side of the tree

you should get Iron reflexes + Grace and/or lightning coil

with Iron reflexes, you can also abuse granite + jade flasks (both of iron skin)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Mar 1, 2015, 9:07:02 AM
whats the current armour value? actual number rather than estimated % reduction? also what auras are u currently running?
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Mar 1, 2015, 2:53:33 PM
My armor value is 8800 with determination at level 18.
I noticed after I hit 80 it's only 46% reduction now.
I have 15% chance to evade, I only have gloves that are EV rest is AR so I don't think taking Iron Reflexes would help much.
I played around a bit with poe builder last night and didn't figure it out.
I can only run Hatred and Determination.
Last edited by raziekeljr on Mar 2, 2015, 9:03:16 AM
Lightning Coil does a great job at offsetting Abyssus, I'd go for that as an easy solution. As they already said, armor doesn't really work well without endurance charges so the recommended combo for your char would be LC-grace-acrobatics, and then you can use surplus points from duelist trip for something better.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Well thanks for the info, if I had 6L coil I'd probably use it but I only have my mid-tier 6 link.
I have a full IC, Molten, EC, Cwdt set-up as well. Took EC from Oak too so 4, can get 5 I think.

To me it just seems that Abyssus double-dips on damage taken, there are projectile mobs in added cold maps that are taking 2k off my health that my static strike templar with around the same armor (maybe 11 k total) just shrugged off. He didn't use Abyssus but his dps was bad with slower mace so he's parked.
Last edited by raziekeljr on Mar 3, 2015, 11:22:43 AM
Well, you have abyssus and choose not to counter its drawback in any way (offensive aura VS defensive + Iron reflexes, extra support gem VS lighning coil). 6-10k armour (without charges or LC) is no good later on even without abyssus..

then you have to deal with high spike (and probably also burst) physical damage. no surprices here:)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info