Crit Arc - Need Help With Gems For Wand

I was using these gems with my Helmet untill all gems reached level ~19 and than I realized, that Spell Echo does not work with Herald of Thunder, my current setup is now this:

What 3 gems could I add to this wand and why?
perhaps some vaal skill, movement/utility skill or another trigger gem setup

really depends on your build and your needs
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Mar 1, 2015, 6:13:38 AM
Hi,

There are many things you can do, question is: what are you lacking?

My 2 cents now:

I would split the gem in both your wands: 1 for AA / 1 for Lightning warp and do:

AA > Reduced duration > empower ( you can gain around 20% more damage reduction)

LW > Faster casting > reduced duration (it's an awesome skill, but 1 sec cast makes it's more an escape skill than a movement one)

But Vaal gem(s) is a good choice too
Last edited by digitalyn on Mar 1, 2015, 7:10:45 AM
"
digitalyn wrote:
Hi,

There are many things you can do, question is: what are you lacking?

My 2 cents now:

I would split the gem in both your wands: 1 for AA / 1 for Lightning warp and do:

AA > Reduced duration > empower ( you can gain around 20% more damage reduction)

LW > Faster casting > reduced duration (it's an awesome skill, but 1 sec cast makes it's more an escape skill than a movement one)

But Vaal gem(s) is a good choice too

Why Lightning Warp, Reduced Duration and Faster Casting? Why not Spell Echo or a Q20 Teleport for the 60% cast speed instead of Faster Casting, and I'm currently lacking movement speed and I mostly use Lightning Warp to teleport around, since my movement is slow, and if I got myself an empower, would it not only increase experience gain? How would I gain 20% more damage reduction, and if I decided to go for vaal gems, which gems should I get or is recommended?
because Warp cant be supported by spell echo?

you still havent told us what would you want to achieve/improve by the three gems
Yeah, that's the problem, I don't know what I can do to improve the 3 gem sockets in the wand.
hard to give advice then..

strange you dont know.. Usually people want to improve damage or survivability (against specific threats) etc..

if everything works pefectly and you dont need anything, then you can ie level some gems in the free slots..
"
Undesired wrote:

Why Lightning Warp, Reduced Duration and Faster Casting? Why not Spell Echo or a Q20 Teleport for the 60% cast speed instead of Faster Casting, and I'm currently lacking movement speed and I mostly use Lightning Warp to teleport around, since my movement is slow, and if I got myself an empower, would it not only increase experience gain? How would I gain 20% more damage reduction, and if I decided to go for vaal gems, which gems should I get or is recommended?

yeah sure, you can go for a Q20 ...for spell echo, dunno, maybe it's the better choice than faster casting. It was just a suggestion to improve your teleport ...but if spell echo works fine, keep it.

I suggested empower to make Arctic armour lvl 23, so it would absorb around 200+dmg instead of 160+

Note that a quality one would also help you moving faster (+6% @Q20)

But honestly, it's up to you to define your needs

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info