Mob Density in Certain Maps

Mob density in certain maps, is terrible.

What is the point of this?

Bazaar. You can run 1/4 of the way around the perimeter at the start before finding a single mob!

Residence. Some rooms are COMPLETELY EMPTY!?!

There are many more maps where density, and resulting enjoyment, not to mention challenge, is completely lacking.

And I do understand that mob density varies across map innate, and affix rolls. But I am talking about bald spots in maps across the board no matter the rolls.

I'd like to see this problem addressed and fixed.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Mob density is random, just like mob types spawining in map. Thats why you sometimes see low density with 50% increased pack size and sometimes you see insane density with no pack size roll

I may be wrong but i think i read it some time ago
It's not as random as you might think. To my knowledge a given pack can spawn anywhere on a map with enough space to prevent any part of the pack from spawning inside a wall or terrain or something.
Certain maps are fundamentally bad.
Case in point - Labyrinth.
Worst fucking map in the game. Horrible to navigate, and many many small pathways. Not only are those small pathways lodestones for synchronisation issues, they do an excellent job of preventing packs from spawning.
I won't even discuss the map boss.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Feb 28, 2015, 7:22:53 PM
"
It's not as random as you might think. To my knowledge a given pack can spawn anywhere on a map with enough space to prevent any part of the pack from spawning inside a wall or terrain or something.
Certain maps are fundamentally bad.
Case in point - Labyrinth.
Worst fucking map in the game. Horrible to navigate, and many many small pathways. Not only are those small pathways lodestones for synchronisation issues, they do an excellent job of preventing packs from spawning.
I won't even discuss the map boss.

this is correct. some maps are much better with inherent pack sizes

for example, dunes have retarded pack size WITHOUT the pack size mod
with the mod, the density is utterly insane

some maps are bad UNLESS you roll pack size. like, crematorium or residence will be awful without pack size. they will be ok with pack size but never will you reach dunes-level densitry

this is why courtyard is nearly universally considered the best map to chain out of 77-79 tier, if you can do the bosses. it has large layout and even without pack size mod the density is great. then add 3x boss and its the best high-tier map easily.

the beyond mods also pretty much double dip on density.
A godliest palace is equal to a shitty courtyard in terms of experience. At level 91 it's like 3% for palace compared to 5-6% courtyard. I also feel like precinct and crematorium are both way under par when compared to academy. Would be nice if they would look at the average exp each map gives and do some rebalancing.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
"
Caustic2 wrote:
A godliest palace is equal to a shitty courtyard in terms of experience. At level 91 it's like 3% for palace compared to 5-6% courtyard. I also feel like precinct and crematorium are both way under par when compared to academy. Would be nice if they would look at the average exp each map gives and do some rebalancing.

This.
"
Caustic2 wrote:
I also feel like precinct and crematorium are both way under par when compared to academy.

absolutely

this is a holdover from when maps werent all 'large' and 'maze', and layout generation is generally not created equal in poe :) old 'mazes' usually are better.

from 74 maps on, the most exp/least exp/fastest to clear respective WHITE maps are as follows in my experience:

74:
most exp- maze
least exp -residence
fastest clear - gorge

75:
most exp- necropolis
least exp- bazaar
fastest clear - plateau

76:
most exp - academy
least exp- crematorium
fastest clear - crematorium

77: (not a huge difference in this tier besides bosses being opposite of each other)
most exp- shipyard
least exp - shrine
fastest clear - shipyard

78:
most exp- courtyard
least exp- palace
fastest clear - palace

Last edited by grepman on Mar 1, 2015, 2:37:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info