Why does everyone want Divine orbs so much?

All,

There seems to be quite the interest in Divine orbs in Toment these days. Does anyone here know why? I am simply curious.

Peace
Because you can flip by buying an unique with a bad roll, use a divine and sell it with a better roll.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
I understand that, but the expected value of divining should already be accounted for in the prices. That isn't to say that you can't make money that way, but that it should not be an expected profit by using divine orbs. Honestly, how often will the value of doing a divine add up to approx 15 chaos, especially after doing a probability weighted evaluation (often times the divine orb won't improve things all that much, if at all)?
Perfect rolls can make difference.

Or close to perfect
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
Also, Divines are really, really, REALLY rare. Like, same drop rate (or less?) as Exalts. They're just not worth as much because they have a very narrow use. End result is, the value of divines are very sensitive to how many people are using them. Usage goes up, and suddenly you can't find a seller no matter what ratio you're willing to fork out for them.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Divines are also used for some specific Master-Craft mods, like for ex. Movement Speed on belts

I would guess thats the main reason why 1 Chaos is almost always > 1 alch + 1 scour, cause so many Craft-mods use Chaos
IGN Bzyk

R.I.P. No-Aegis Necro tank (3.2.0) ;(
Last edited by thebzyk on Feb 28, 2015, 4:23:57 AM
I found around 10 EX this league but only 1 Divine.

I also think that there is a lot of people trying to buy Divines atm, for what reason it's a mystery. Suddenly it got popular.

Regret Orbs getting expensive seems a little weird to me also. Last time I played no one even wanted those.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
"
rockmassif wrote:

Regret Orbs getting expensive seems a little weird to me also. Last time I played no one even wanted those.

(EDIT: misread, sorry).

Actually, there seems to be a pattern where at the start of a league 1 regret = 1c, while at the end 1 regret = 2c.
Shower thought: no two rares are the same. So rares are unique, while uniques are not. On the other hand, uniques are rare, while rares are not.
Last edited by fph on Feb 28, 2015, 5:58:15 AM
"
Because they are very useful

That's the main issue here. Not only are they bloody rare, but they're burned by many as soon as they drop.
IGNs -> MaitresseRemi/Mamie_Machette/MainDroiteMainGauche
You guys really don't know? :P

Go look at the exchange rate on standard for Divine:Exalt and Regret:Exalt, then you will find your answer!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info