[1.3.1] STANDARD/TORMENT VOLLS PROTECTOR CRIT ELE BUZZSAW (29K GMP/66K SINGLE) WITH ATZIRI GUIDE

Hello,

I've been experimenting with crit ele buzzsaw since 1.2, and was kind of sad to see the build get heavily nerfed in 1.3. However, recently I picked up the build again and was surprised to see that crit ele buzzsaw can still get the same amount of dps as the 1.2 days even with the crit/crit multi nerfs in 1.3 and with abyssus no longer applying to spectral throw. The build has less life than in 1.2, but still has enough to not die (I leveled to 91 without any problems, and Atziri runs are always deathless unless I have internet issues).

MY OTHER BUILD GUIDES:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1145673 (Torment League Crit arc/storm call atziri cheap atziri farmer)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1215516 (Low Life Crit Arc)

ATZIRI DEMO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0RQjouO_kg

STREAM: www.twitch.tv/jinbinshin

----------------------------------------------------------

PASSIVE TREE

Current level: 91

http://poeurl.com/zfGjZaV (Rat's Nest)

http://poeurl.com/zfGlv1a (Alpha's Howl)

BANDITS: OAK - KRAITYN - ALIRA

Copy and paste into browser. The main stats we are interested in are reduced aura reservation, aura effectiveness, critical strike chance, critical strike multiplier, elemental damage, accuracy, attack speed, and life. Vaal pact is a must to make this build immune to reflect and to be able to leech to full life from none in less than 1 second. The tree + gear needs to have enough reduced aura reservation to fit anger, wrath, herald of ice, and herald of thunder within the mana pool. The trees above can achieve this if lvl 20 + reduced mana gems are used.

With this tree and my current dagger I have 90.48 chance to crit at full power charges, and since I'm using a volls protector I'm at full power charges 100% of the time for any fight in the game. Voll's protector gives you a power charge for every enemy you hit with a critical strike 100% of the time, meaning you'll never drop power charges and you will generate all 6 of them in less than a second at the beginning of any fight.

I currently use the Rat's Nest version of the tree, but if you dont have quite as many skill points as this tree (if you're lvl 85 ish, lets say), you might want to drop the templar side aura nodes and use an alphas howl instead. This will save ~6 skill points and you can make up for the lost crit by finishing off the 20% crit chance nodes near shadow start. This setup has slightly less DPS though (hence I use the Rats Nest setup).

You could also just get more life instead of the Templar-side aura nodes, if you prefer. If the tree is prioritized towards life you can get up to 4.2k with around 15-20% dps loss.

GEAR

My current setup:

Spoiler

The Voll's Protector, dagger (preferably ambusher or royal skean) with attack speed, crit chance, and elemental damage, Rat's Nest, and Maligaro's Virtuosity are the key pieces for this build. Both rings need to have 250+ accuracy on them in order to consistently hit mobs without missing at the highest level zones. Key offensive stats on the rare pieces are elemental damage, accuracy, crit chance, crit multiplier, and flat elemental damage. Key defensive stats on the rare pieces are life, resistance, and possibly some evasion/armour.

The only item not obtainable in Torment that I'm using is the amulet, which has a legacy crit multi mod. But the amulet isn't that good anyways aside from the legacy crit multi, even if you're playing on Torment this gearset shouldn't be hard to achieve. This build can also be done with a 5link voll's protector, and you'll be dropping the Increased Critical Damage gem if this is the case.

Flasks:

Spoiler

I switch in Rumi's for Atziri's Promise when I feel like being more defensive. Rumi's brings me to 61% block chance and 19% spell block chance, which is actually pretty huge. Activating Atzri's promise pushes my single projectile spectral throw to 77k dps.

GEMS/LINKS

MAIN 6LINK: Spectral Throw - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Weapon Elemental Damage - Increased Critical Damage - Life Leech - Blood Magic

DAGGER 3LINK: Elemental Weakness - Spell Totem - Blood Magic

SHIELD 3LINK: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic

CWDT: Cast When Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

The rest of the gem links need to fit in 4 auras: Wrath, Anger, Herald of Ice, and Herald of Thunder, which will need 2 pieces of gear (helmet and gloves, in my case). This leaves me with some extra sockets, which I fill with Portal and Vaal Haste. Anything you want to use with this build that costs mana must be linked with Blood Magic, since almost 100% of your mana will be reserved for auras.

If you're on a 5link you can drop Increased Critical Damage. You'll still get pretty good dps, especially since the Crit Damage gem got nerfed by half since 1.2, meaning it won't be as big of an impact if you lost this gem.

STATS

LMP:

Spoiler

GMP:

Spoiler

FASTER ATTACKS (1 PROJ):

Spoiler

All pictures taken with Atziri's Promise activated (no vaal haste).

With vaal haste I get 91k.

I use GMP for clear, faster attacks for boss. I don't really use LMP ever, but it might be better than GMP if you have less dps.

ATZIRI

Best explained with a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0RQjouO_kg

Vaals is easy, use vaal haste and atziri's promise and they should drop in 3 seconds. Make sure to activate only one of the vaals first so that you don't have to 1v1 the turbo vaal for long. In the video I get unlucky at vaals, with the second vaal going underground immediately after activation without me having a chance to do any damage to it. But the leech on this build is very strong and I am able to out leech all of its damage anyways.

Kill Trio bosses in this order: RANGED - DUAL STRIKER - CYCLONER

Take a remove bleeding flask for this fight, to cleanse cycloner's bleed if he manages to get it on you. They should die pretty quickly but try to stay constantly on the move to dodge the ranged rain of spikes.

The Queen fight is pretty straight forward, dodge spells with whirling blades if neccessary and make sure to not hit the mirror clone during split phase. The fight should end fairly quick.
Last edited by YJShin on Mar 14, 2015, 1:50:18 AM
Mediocre dps with 6Link

"
Mediocre dps with 6Link

more dps than most other (all other if only looking at guides posted, i think) crit ele buzzsaw builds this patch

yes ofc this is much less dps than coc or llst or mjolner (my coc is at 1.45 mil) but those are whole different builds
Very well written guide. Good to see that it's still viable after being hit by the nerfhammer so hard.
Thanks! ^^
please share starter skill tree build
exp : lvl 20 lvl 40 lvl 60 etc.
and leveling guide
thx for build
Is this still viable? I was about to start back up on an old character I had that's wiped and it used to have this build. I can't remember the tree so I can't even remember what I need to rebuild.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info