a question of gigs

I'm looking at buying a tablet. There is a Samsung that only has 4 gigs on sale currently.

As I am buying one for reading eBooks, does getting the next step up to 8 gigs that important?

I don't need one for gaming or surfing the web.
If you want to keep books on your tablet I'd go with the one with more storage.

If you don't mind deleting books you've already read then go with the one with less storage.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
The Samsung's generally have an SDcard slot, my Galaxy Tab has 8gig base memory and I have a 32gig card slotted into it that stores all my movies/books. You can pick the SD cards up pretty cheap.

EDIT: MicroSD.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Feb 26, 2015, 5:42:53 PM
Books really don't take up a lot of room. Check out the number of stories on my website and realize that's around 5 megs.

I also have SD cards already.

So I think you answered the question for me. Thanks.
I got a company paid smartphone with unlimited surfing. No need for that (Unless I lose my job) and I don't play many games at all really. My laptop can hardly handle the solitaire game it came with, but it runs my word processing program (Open Office)

I want to get back into reading, but I prefer to do it in bed. The 7" size seems right to me, but I have a choice of 4 or 8 gig. If the difference is basically storage, I'll save some money.

Pretty sure I can sync it to my computer. Got around 300 gig free at the moment.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I have been attempted many a time to write something that would at minimum get me a stern warning from support, but the self editor in me knows that line.

goats get passive during middle age
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
You're confusing wisdom with passive aggression again. You'll find out if you make it.

Spoiler
Old age ain't for the weak.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info