error: failed to join instance -> portals got deleted

hi, today i joined an apex of sacrifice. i died once and when i tried to use a 2nd portal i got kicked out of the game (while loading screen). after relogging into the game i couldnt join my hideout: "error: failed to join instance because disconnect from the server" + "error: failed to join any instance". after one minute waiting in town i could enter my hideout again, but all portals of the apex of sacrifice where gone. in similar way this already happened sometimes ago (last two months) with in-map zana portals. why can this happen and what can i do to prevent this plz?

thx in advance
Last edited by Mr_Andersson on Feb 23, 2015, 3:17:19 PM
Those are generally the result of an instance crash, and once the instance crashes, there is nothing you can do to get back into the portals as they are all useless (even if they aren't disappeared).

Not really sure what causes them as the causes can vary and are usually the result of server-side bugs... most recently (and in the past) the crashes were due to creating portals to town near corpses in fracture maps. Not sure if this is still an issue, but there are various things at various times which can cause instance crashing.

It's unfortunate and annoying I know. Sorry for your loss.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info