[2.0] Low Life Kinetic Blast Wander (for the upper middle class)

Nicebuild and guide. I definitely will mirror this wand if I ever got enough currency.
I have all the other required items already thought. :)
"
Divina wrote:

I scratched Crown of Eyes and with that a lot of DPS potential.
Pros:
  • no need to stack spell damage on gear
  • open head gear slot for potentially more energy shield, resistances and accuracy
Cons:
  • great DPS loss
  • no leech on helmet

However that opened up a new variation with an often overlooked unique item:
Prism Guardian.

Pros:
  • you can run 3 x 50% auras on life on a single item
  • a few more free gem slots for variations, such as a Curse on Hit setup
  • good resistances, even better on a legacy version
Cons:
  • no spell damage on shield in combination with Crown of Eyes
  • very low energy shield on shield

I am still wondering, why you scratched Crown of Eyes.
"No need to stack spell damage on gear"? I do not understand. Shouldn't spell damage just be an extra, since you are still doing your physical damage?

With Crown of Eyes you could pick Pain Attunement for 30% more damage. And then you could make great use of http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Surgebinders. Every type of charge increases your damage. CoE also synergizes with the node Spell Damage per Power Charge. All in all, I think this would be better, even without an extra aura. I will try it someday.
Last edited by CadEx on Oct 2, 2015, 3:52:18 PM
"
CadEx wrote:
"
Divina wrote:

I scratched Crown of Eyes and with that a lot of DPS potential.
Pros:
  • no need to stack spell damage on gear
  • open head gear slot for potentially more energy shield, resistances and accuracy
Cons:
  • great DPS loss
  • no leech on helmet

However that opened up a new variation with an often overlooked unique item:
Prism Guardian.

Pros:
  • you can run 3 x 50% auras on life on a single item
  • a few more free gem slots for variations, such as a Curse on Hit setup
  • good resistances, even better on a legacy version
Cons:
  • no spell damage on shield in combination with Crown of Eyes
  • very low energy shield on shield

I am still wondering, why you scratched Crown of Eyes.
"No need to stack spell damage on gear"? I do not understand. Shouldn't spell damage just be an extra, since you are still doing your physical damage?

With Crown of Eyes you could pick Pain Attunement for 30% more damage. And then you could make great use of http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Surgebinders. Every type of charge increases your damage. CoE also synergizes with the node Spell Damage per Power Charge. All in all, I think this would be better, even without an extra aura. I will try it someday.

CoE does not work with Pain Attunement since its a multiplicative bonus. Used to, not anymore.
I still don't see why you need to scratch CoE. All you lose out on is some resistances which you can make up for with your gear. You could also simply switch the belt as well to get a nice rustic with resistances. That way if your wand has spell dmg you get a nice dps boost together with the power charges. It also reduces the strain on your accuracy rating on rings which might help with getting better ES/Crit rings.

Also in the current state of the game, a CoE is much cheaper than a tri-res Hubris.
Why so serious?
Last edited by sidorasek on Nov 12, 2015, 12:34:46 PM
I tried to make this build, ended up with a pathetic 5k tooltip dps with auras, without charges, got any suggestions on how to salvage my build? Even having a hard time capping resists :l. I've spent 1-2ex per gear piece.
Last edited by Adeladen on Nov 15, 2015, 4:43:12 PM
"
Adeladen wrote:
I tried to make this build, ended up with a pathetic 5k tooltip dps with auras, without charges, got any suggestions on how to salvage my build? Even having a hard time capping resists :l. I've spent 1-2ex per gear piece.

This sort of build requires a huge investment:

21 Level Auras
20/20 Gems (6L Setup almost required)
~10ex+ Per Ring

In total you have to spend approximately 30ex without the cost of Shavs and Wand.
Why so serious?
Last edited by sidorasek on Nov 15, 2015, 7:51:44 PM
jeez, so i'm fucked
assuming i could make this build work is the biggest mistake i've made in poe :p
Last edited by Adeladen on Nov 16, 2015, 5:11:44 AM
"
Adeladen wrote:
jeez, so i'm fucked
assuming i could make this build work is the biggest mistake i've made in poe :p

Post your Gear setup, I'll let you know what you can do. Also whats your level?
Why so serious?
I just 6 linked a shavs, so i'm gonna make a CoCer instead :D
Thanks for offering to help tho :)
Last edited by Adeladen on Nov 17, 2015, 2:55:53 PM
"
Adeladen wrote:
I just 6 linked a shavs, so i'm gonna make a CoCer instead :D
Thanks for offering to help tho :)

what type of build you want to do ? Never seen many cast on crit+low life build these days...
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462987

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info