[1.3.1] Static Strike - CoMK - Arc lightning fireworks build guide! Video included

Quick guide to this build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIAOiW53ZDc&feature=youtu.be quick Gorge run for demonstration

Pros/ cons
+ Extremely fun to play
+ Looks badass
+ Good clear speed
+ Pretty tanky

- Dual Doryani's can be expensive for some newer players, they're not necessary though
- It's not the new cookie cutter build
- Haven't tried Atziri yet
- Not very beginner friendly

Tree

Tree for level 80, will update when I level up. Bandits are Oak- Kraitlyn - Oak.

Gear
My Gear

For a helmet Alpha's is best in slot basically, the build relies heavily on auras for damage so Alpha's helps a lot.
For weapons, 2 doryani's is definitely the best option and I highly recommend getting at least 1. When shopping for 1 focus on pdps and attack speed, then elemental damage. I got mine for 2 ex each on Torment, which isn't that expensive.
Until you can get Doryani's, use a high aps, high ele damage weapon, like a ele st foil.
For a chest I use Lightning Coil, but you can use whatever you want. A good rare would also work, or maybe a belly.
Rest of the gear is life, resists, WED, added ele damage and you need at least some mana leech for running curse immune maps.

Links
Main attack: Static Strike - WED - Cast on Melee Kill - Arc - 5L=multistrike - 6L=?
For a 6L you have a lot of options, you can add another spell, like arc, ball lightning, ice nova or w/e for no added mana cost, or you can add lightning pen or conc effect/ increased aoe, up to you basically!

Aura's:
Setup 1: Reduced mana - Herals of Thunder - Curse on hit - Warlord's mark
This gives us life and mana leech as well as endurance charges without wasting a link or spending time cursing.
Setup 2 (in Alpha's Howl): Reduced Mana - Wrath - Anger - ?
For the 4th aura in this setup you have some options. I currently run Herald of Ice, but you can also pick Haste or Grace. When using Haste or Grace you have very little unreserved mana though, so you need to make sure you have your mana situation sorted out first.

Cwdt setup:
I run my cwdt in a doryani's and use: cwdt - enduring cry - immortal call
We basically always have 4 end charges thanks to warlord's mark to this gives some decent IC uptime.

Leap Slam:
In my other Doryani's I run: Leap Slam - Added Lightning (with quality, important) - reduced mana - ele prolif (form Doryani's)

With 10% shock chance from tree and another couple % from quality added lightning you have a good chance to shock entire packs when leap slamming into them as well as burning, freezing and chilling!

If you're good at math, you might have noticed there is still a free 4 link available, good job!
You can use this for whatever you want; a dual strike setup, a spectral throw setup, vaal skills or something I didn't come up with yet!

Last edited by Sandeerrr on Feb 23, 2015, 11:42:44 AM
Hi could you post a little bit about your levelling trees??
"
Sandeerrr wrote:

Main attack: Static Strike - WED - Static Strike - Arc - 5L=multistrike - 6L=?

Typo. Should be comk there.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"
Sandeerrr wrote:

Main attack: Static Strike - WED - Static Strike - Arc - 5L=multistrike - 6L=?

Typo. Should be comk there.

Thanks, fixed
how do you get 3 offcolors on alpha's? i burned like 100 chroms in that bitch already.
Last edited by ShinningWizard on Feb 23, 2015, 3:24:16 PM
"
how do you get 3 offcolors on alpha's? i burned like 100 chroms in that bitch already.

Masters can enchant an item with at least 2 red sockets with 25 chroms I believe. Try that out and pray one of the two remaining will be blue.
I am offline or not responding in game ??? PM me.
IGN: Xasiklis

Proud developer of PoE - Multitool. Check thread #957878 for more info.
My item shop #136792
Can this be played on hardcore league?
IGN :Rippones
Can you talk about how you leveled this character? What sections did you go for first and how was the leveling process in general? Also, what aura setup should we go for if we dont have an Alphas?
"

Best way is to use Vorici 1 blue and 1 red until you get another off colour
"
okudasai wrote:
Can you talk about how you leveled this character? What sections did you go for first and how was the leveling process in general? Also, what aura setup should we go for if we dont have an Alphas?

I levelled with Static Strike, was pretty easy actually.You can also just use spells if you like.
For the tree, just follow the path from shadow to templar, only 1 way to go really, and pick up stuff you feel like you need on the way.
I'd wait with picking up the aura nodes until you actually have the links/ red. mana gems available.

You don't neessarily need the Alpha's, but I highly recommend getting one, they're not expensive at all in Torment. I think you can still run Anger, Wrath, HoI and HoT without it though.
https://poe.mikelat.com/ you can use this to calculate what aura's you can run.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info