[1.3] Oro's Sacrifice flicker build (end game viable, only 1 5link)

This is just to show that a build with oro's sacrifice is possible.

Video of me doing a necropolis map:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGkknrV-Dj8&feature=youtu.be

I always wanted to do a oro's build and i just found one after the recent buff in 1.3

I've done lot's of difficult high lvl maps without too much problems.

The idea of this build is to be able to endlessly flicker strike through the map while burn/shock prolifing everthing you touch. I currently have 51% chance to ignite and 20% chance to shock.

tool tip avg dmg from flicker strike is 3600 without charges or flasks or vaal gems.
4600 life.

Aura's: determination, herald of thunder and clarity(lvl 2)

Herald of thunder is supported by coh and warlords mark for charges and insane life + mana leech.

Bandits: Oak, passive, passive

The tree: (lvl 84)

Gear:
Spoiler
Weapon:

Armour:

Jewelry:

Gems:
Spoiler
Flicker strike: (keep it low lvl cause the lvl bonus isn't doing anything for us)

Quality on the added lightning is almost a must as it doubles our shock chance as well as increases the shock duration

Spectral throw (for instant charges and life recovery and ranged attack)

Stat pics:
Offence:

Spoiler

Defence:
Spoiler

Pros:
Spoiler
- Really fast clear speed
- Unending flicker strike
- Burn everything while you teleport
- No problem with reflect, can even run reflect maps

Leveling:
Spoiler
Since we go full fire dmg nodes we can just lvl with fire spells. Leveling a caster is really easy these days so that no problem. I leveled with a 3 link flame surge and 3 link searing bond with great ease.

Cons:
Spoiler
- Not that great against certain bosses
- Huge phys/fire spike dmg vulnerability
(I did clear Olmec's sanctum proving it can kill bosses.)

I know i would be much better off with using immortal call cwdt setup but that just feels like cheating :p
Last edited by vakantien00b on Feb 24, 2015, 3:26:14 PM
Added video
find oro sword -> google -> found your build -> make new character ding 75
Really liked your build and can't find smarter way to connect fire nodes.
For leveling i used molten strike until I could use oro's.
I'm not used to cast curse automatically and at first it felt awkward but now i'm loving it.
Lack of proliferation does not hurt that much, is it worth trouble of socketing / linkin?

lvl 72 maps seems so far doable, even with lack of mana items i feel i have enough mana as long no curse immune monsters. At the moment I have not found unique belt and boots and I'm bit stuck on boots and amulet even though i have taken extra dex and intelligence nodes.

I will use cwdt after i get one more level for it. Leveled gems too fast and forgot i need higher lvl cwdt.
Current gear: low armor and 72 palace dominus almost oneshots with melee spell.
Spoiler

Overall has life gain on hit for leveling purpose for my duelist, so don't mind it.

So far i have not taken scion life nodes, burning dmg nodes, unwavering stance and shaper.
Does burning dmg nodes really help that much in dps?
Will stun become problem on later maps?
Some day I get 5 link armor, some day. What gem you recommend to add oro's sword for 5-link or 6-link purpose. Far in future on my case ofc.
Last edited by Foukka on Apr 26, 2015, 9:19:24 PM
pretty much ultimate plan for 2.0
Basically same as before but there seems to be some nice jewels so not sure what would be more point friendly same or maybe more fire dmg with more defenses.
Last edited by Foukka on Jul 23, 2015, 2:25:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info