[1.3] Ice Spear Witch (Life+CoD)

My Ice Spear Witch has gotten to Top 10 in Bloodlines, the ability to freeze everything is quite nice and makes it very safe to play (Check my solo run, I barely ever get hit and freezelock Piety) - You can permafreeze everything that isn't outright freeze immune (Haast, Abaxoth and Atziri), this makes bosses a breeze regardless of their difficulty. With sufficient damage everyting can be freezelocked - Bosses with strong cold resist or super high life like 2nd form Palace Dominus will require double-curse at least, or an Ele Equilibrium proc from a party member.
Elemental Proliferation means entire rooms of mobs will be frozen as soon as you attack, incidentally Prolif is so ungodly OP that you can even freeze "invulnerable" targets like Animated Guardian or Phyl Link mobs as long as there's a target to take damage and spread the freeze on them (this also works for bosses that you cant freeze directly from damage - Though this should generally not be an issue).

Build:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAghDfsCycSbIC4welEFivmwVCQZbQ9UyzrrNQMNteBAeD21XG6-RfKpUgLR9rF8BUvOoI9GpDwfOio3_GflkRlgcelS7w1UlRj_rr9cMJuZPyHQ5IXfJCw9-EAv6MNmHiVUsWvyaVH0EDHrjKO3wPxNgkNsUfAqcIGmydrjbp42oWbySq5CLVpilP7DiCm6IA4XPtIASzwGbwH1ugp1V8DmjyQ8iQVScvwBoaOLFC8xFxhTmKRtcwl7iT6-6a4FNSRZ356ILHKPpBh_4Ktz7YvR0U-tK2-vemjmRwUonTcNVjQ4V9gh7bCw==

Bandits:
Life - Skill - Powercharge

Ice Spear Links:
I use Ice Spear - Ele Prolif/Crit Dmg - Spell Echo - Powercharge on Crit - GMP/LMP/ColdPen - Life Leech/Empower

There a few other setups that I've considered such as using GMP and Cold Pen at the same time, or adding Pierce. My current setup however allows for maximum damage output on single target against bosses. Maximum damage means maximum freeze.
I use GMP most of the time but in some situations I prefer LMP (For example, on beyond mod maps where I want to be ready to freeze a Voidspawn boss - GMP would be too weak to freeze), I swap for Cold Pen/Crit Dmg single target against bosses that require it due to their high life or cold resist.

Gear:

Flasks:

Videos:
Solo Shrine Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ25ES9sXBw
Palace Double Dominus (Freezelocked)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCQ5J_THxoE

Last edited by SmokieWins on Feb 21, 2015, 7:33:00 PM
Thanks!
Thanks!
why dont u use vaal pact?
can i kill atziri with this build?
Hey, what woud be the stup in 5 link?
Berek's Grip ring enable life leech gem, and release one socet for gem Added Cold Damage

P.S.
I use a very similar build, but the language barrier does not allow me to create a separate topic

P.P.S
I took it Vaal Pact and points on the right res... I use two Doryani's Catalyst...

P.P.P.S
I apologize for not clear presentation of ideas, I could write more clearly what I wanted to say in russian, if there is somebody who will translate ... Google translator can not do it.

Passive skill tree build

Spoiler

I eventually want to use 2 Void Battery. as well as to collect additional 3 Power Charge in passive tree. (In this case, I will replace Added Cold Damage on Power Charge on Critical)
Last edited by Serpent_R on Apr 2, 2015, 5:55:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info