[1.3.1] Marauder Marohi Erqi Static Striker

Hello, and welcome to my second official guide, now, this guide isnt OpieOP or Atziri capable... its just a simple guide, for really rich people... >_> You will die often because the defences are mixed, feel free to customize it any way you want, but, this is just my personal preference. THIS BUILD IS NOT HARDCORE VIABLE

Why Static Strike?
Well, I Decided to make a static strike build because, i started one back at the start of torment, and loved it, however, i was broke and unmotivated to continue (You would be too if you were broke ;) ) And from then on, i went to standard, and thought "Hmm... Static strike.. Marohi Erqi... 7L... = Profit?! Unfortunately, going RT for static Strike isnt as good as going crit... So, you will see poor offensive attributes in comparison to Mathil or another builders build.

Mechanics of Static Strike
SO, basically, you hit your enemy, and you become charged with lightning energy, then after a short while, you discharge that energy in a full 360 degree AoE attack, but, it deals 30% less damage. But, don't stress! With Marohi Erqi and Carcass Jack, as well as Templar AoE nodes, youll be doing positive damage, oh, dont forget about that concentrated effect!

Bandits
Oak, Kraityn, Kill all

Skill tree in Progressive Order

Points 1-19
Take both paths to each notable node "Born to Fight" And "Warriors Blood" Then connect the life path to "Heart of the Warrior", Finish that 3 node pathing, then take "Versatility" (It Doesnt matter if you path off from "Born to fight" or "Warriors Blood", it will still have the same outcome.

Points 20-39
Now, we start heading towards some nice 2h Damage nodes. From the nodes "Born to Fight" Travel left, take the upper route on the cluster to grab "Butchery" then continue left until you hit "Barbarianism" Then now, you get to some nice 2h mace nodes, it doesnt matter what path you choose first, i went to "Bone Breaker" first, then "Skull Cracking", but either way is fine :) Take the +10 strength node next to RT for a quick access later on in the game. Lastly, Travel up from Born to fight to get the first Intelligence node.

Points 40-59
Continue up from the first intelligence node until you hit "Sanctity" Then go up to "Precision" Then "Retribution" For melee and attack speed increase. While you're there, Grab a few Life nodes, So, Go to "Discipline and Training" And Lastly, take the first AoE node, just left of "Retribution".

Points 60-79
Now, some AoE Damage comes into play, grab "Amplify" for some nice AoE Damage, Go down and take the "Elementalist" Node, then travel downwards for the "Catalyse" Note, because, WED is important, even though we will not be using it in the 6L Marohi Erqi, Now, From "Elementalist" Travel Left and take the life nodes "Devotion". Finish the pathing in "Devotion" Then travel upwards to the "Purity of Flesh" Node. Finish off the cluster while you're there... Lastly, Go back to the scion life wheel, and finish off the pathing towards the Duelist Section (Where Vaal Pact is) And just grab the strength node.

Points 80-99
Travel Downwards from the last strength node you have taken, and head towards the duelist start, Grab, "Master of the Arena" Then travel to the right to grab the "Bravery" node, Go down from "Master of the Arena" To grab "Destroyer" and the surrounding nodes. Once you have taken that, go down and sort of Zig-Zag to the life cluster, Grab "Golem's Blood" and go down to the start of the last 2h Damage nodes :)

Points 100-110
The final Stretch!!! So, Take both paths to "Executioner" and "Wrecking Ball", the 2H major damage nodes, are taken :) Good job for travelling this far :) But, the jobs not over ;) Grab the last life node from "Bravery" and then grab the attack speed cluster, aswell as "Berserking" just above Vaal Pact...

Now, somewhere in that journey, feel free to grab Vaal Pact... you can get it whenever, even after you grab the first 2H Mace cluster, or even at the end, whatever floats your boat without sinking it ;)

Gear

Not the best Gear, but you get the basis of it, Marohi Erqi is the main priority for this build, Abyssus is great for flat physical damage and armour, Carcass jack was sort of a bonus to this build because of the AoE increase and the damage, plus life and resists n stuff. Doryani's Lightning belt is great for leech, as you will be outputting a fair bit of lightning damage..., Rings are the usual resist/life with lightning stuff on it, Boots and gloves are just Life/movement/resist.

Skill Links

Static Strike 4l: Static Strike, Multistrike, Blood Magic, Physical to Lightning
Static Strike 5l: Static Strike, Multistrike, Blood Magic, Physical to Lightning, Faster Attacks
Static Strike 6l: Static Strike, Multistrike, Blood Magic, Physical to Lightning, Faster Attacks and Concentrated Effect

Vaal Groundslam: Vaal groundslam, Multistrike, Faster Attacks, Endurance Charge on Melee Stun (Read below for "Why Vaal Groundslam"

Auras: Reduced Mana, Wrath, Herald of Ice, Herald of Thunder

CWDT Setup: Cast when damage taken, Enduring cry, Immortal call and Increased Duration

Misc Setup: Reckoning, Leapslam, Faster Attacks, Added Cold Damage

Offensive/Defensive Sheets

Why Vaal Groundslam
Vaal Groundslam can be used from lvl 1, until end game, and its an amazing strongbox clearer, because it can stun enemies as you hit them, and it does nice AoE damage, just, open a strongbox, Vaal groundslam, and destroy!! :D

No Video of this guide unfortunately, because it was a rushed character, but the outcome was pretty good, Sorry for the inconvenience :)

Please, give me feedback :)
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last edited by Slayer_Tip on Feb 21, 2015, 4:32:54 AM
up

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
up

Any chance of some videos to see how it performs in high lvl maps?
This could be a way of using my Marohi Erqi currently rusting away somewhere in my stash.
"
Haboryme wrote:
Any chance of some videos to see how it performs in high lvl maps?
This could be a way of using my Marohi Erqi currently rusting away somewhere in my stash.

I can always stream it for an hour or so, i dont have any high lvl maps, but i sure can show you how it performs via stream :) www.twitch.tv/slayertip is my stream, im not streaming at the moment, but i will in 20 hours... :)

I do get hit hard alot, this build isnt tanky at all, its dps mainly.. so, ill die every now and then :(

Oh god, where to start

I'll try not to be rude but this is really bad

1)Using phys to lightning and converting all your damage to lightning requires you to use blood magic gem, instead you could run melee phys and WED and double your damage while being able to sustain on mana, marohi erqi is a slow weapon, 2% mana leech would be more than enough to do it even with 60% conversion from static strike

2)You have 0 defences, like literally no way of mitigation at all, while wearing abyssus, this build prob can't do half of the maps or map mods without dying

3)Wrath instead of Hatred on a weapon that has less than 1 APS is just mindboggling

4)Doryani's invitation instead of a Rustic sash with 20+ WED roll is like saying yess i want to do less damage, a rare belt would also give you much needed life since it's the only source of mitigation you have

5)Your tree hurts to look at, so many unefficient nodes, so many wrong pathings, no mitigation at all, only 168% life on a melee build with no secondary layer of defense like MOM, lightning coil, purities etc., wasting points on accuracy instead of just taking RT on a non crit build

6)Not taking endurance charge as merc reward on a melee build that's on the left side of the tree is plain silly

IGN JustifiedF
"
Justifi3d wrote:
Oh god, where to start

I'll try not to be rude but this is really bad

1)Using phys to lightning and converting all your damage to lightning requires you to use blood magic gem, instead you could run melee phys and WED and double your damage while being able to sustain on mana, marohi erqi is a slow weapon, 2% mana leech would be more than enough to do it even with 60% conversion from static strike

2)You have 0 defences, like literally no way of mitigation at all, while wearing abyssus, this build prob can't do half of the maps or map mods without dying

3)Wrath instead of Hatred on a weapon that has less than 1 APS is just mindboggling

4)Doryani's invitation instead of a Rustic sash with 20+ WED roll is like saying yess i want to do less damage, a rare belt would also give you much needed life since it's the only source of mitigation you have

5)Your tree hurts to look at, so many unefficient nodes, so many wrong pathings, no mitigation at all, only 168% life on a melee build with no secondary layer of defense like MOM, lightning coil, purities etc., wasting points on accuracy instead of just taking RT on a non crit build

6)Not taking endurance charge as merc reward on a melee build that's on the left side of the tree is plain silly

I dont think youve read the guide.

In all seriousness, why not go all the way and pick blood magic keystone on this build, and go low life without ES? That would seriously bump your suicide ratings to at least 4 per map.
ROFL, I decided to go swing by the forums first time in a year I think, and stumbled on your whiny post about reddit. I just had to see your "guide". Holy macaroni, double facepalm.
Herald of Ash would still be way better for you here. Like a 4 link with HoA, Ele Prolif, Inc Burning, and Reduced mana might help. Maybe use Devoto's Devotion or a rare helmet instead of Abysuss? If you're not going crit, you should definitely get RT. You might lose damage here but possibly LGOH would give you better sustain. You could go Static Strike-Multistrike-LGOH-Blood Magic-MPD-WED. Or physical to lightning instead of MPD. That way you won't have mana issues. You could still use the doriyani lightning belt or even just use a rare belt. The other heralds don't seem worth it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info