Request for Descent

+1

I hope to see a change in 6 months when the descent race finds a way back into the race schedule.
+1

Also remove the summoner exile from the hall of heroes :D
"
CabooseDog wrote:
+1

yeah... about that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzKwrVmfqQM

RIP me.
SeoHyun (www.twitch.tv/Awkamess)
My racing guides for S11:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15DtU8a7ruzt_q7x51pS6lG4QOl_XxAmcdP6RU-61qUU

"Terrex is irrelevant." ~Lonestar420 2015
Last edited by Awkamess on Feb 19, 2015, 9:58:23 AM
+1
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
+1

Going to leave some suggestions here as well.

I find myself running in to level trouble around Hall of Heroes. Depending on how many blues I find in that zone and the few zones before it, my level entering Desecrated Shrine can vary by a lot. In back to back races, I was 22.5 and 21.0 entering Desecrated Shrine. I have also gotten no blues/a tiny zone for my Desecrated Shrine many times and have to progress to Demonic Shrine well underleveled. This is with me full clearing the Arachnid Tomb and every zone after and including the Simian Cave. Blue pack RNG should not be as big a factor as it is in this race.

This race really needs a rework, mainly the zone levels of the last 3 zones and the gem rewards. The later chests have not changed in a long time, and the starting chest has only changed for a few classes making the beginning of this race so boring for some classes.

Descent Champions fixed this by giving more gems to everyone at the start and the Uniques, but does not have weapon drops from chests like this Descent does. Descent Champions has a more normal zone progression and does not spike up at the end when switching to Merciless as well.

Overall, I would love to see this race get rebalanced. I have fun with it as a casual racer, but from a competitive standpoint, the sudden zone level spike at the end as well as the other problems I mentioned prevent this race from being a lot better.

Also,

"
Awkamess wrote:
"
CabooseDog wrote:
+1

yeah... about that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzKwrVmfqQM

RIP me.

these exiles have not been balanced since the addition of Vaal Skills and need to be reworked as well. Random exiles can also spawn, unlike the other league mods which have stayed out of these special races. I nearly died to that Molten Strike/Lightning Strike Duelist in the Simian Cave just recently.
Change 3 variable values, literally a ~30 second change. Yet here we are 20 months later still with the same problem. Though admittedly the issue wasn't clearly raised until now.

26 Desecrated Shrine
29 Demonic Shrine
32 Infernal Shrine

becomes

25 Desecrated Shrine
27 Demonic Shrine
29 Infernal Shrine

Voila.

It seems clear that GGG built the endgame of Descent only on paper (the 3x merciless zones), and never actually tested it with a real human player, starting from scratch like anyone else, and reaching the Infernal Shrine.

It is amazing how easy it would be to fix this race, and equally amazing that it hasn't been done. And somehow i don't expect it to change either, which is sad. GGG please!
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
I never got there, but support the opinion of pro-racers :)

+1
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
+1

Descent starts like shit, cleans itself off, gets actually sort of fun, and then peels out backwards into the pile of shit and explodes.
-1 bring back 12min bursts
"
janimauk wrote:
-1 bring back 12min bursts
whats ur paralon lvl
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info