[1.3] Bloodlines Iron Will Christmas Tree Glacial Cascader

Build Concept
Not a crazy new idea particularly, just a Glacial Cascade build that I've been enjoying on Bloodlines with a bunch of skills that mesh well together. The main feature is the automation of cursing and generation of charges so you can concentrate on laying down a glacial killzone.

Build Summary
* Affordable build, key pieces are 5L Carcass Jack, Saffell's Frame, Doon Cuebiyari.
* Glacial Cascade 13.5k tooltip with 40% crit chance, 270% crit multi and shock damage.
* Many mobs get stunlocked and freezelocked. Not a lot gets to walk through your zone of denial!
* 6 Endurance Charges, 5 Power Cherges, 3 Frenzy Charges all auto gained on kill.
* Double curse on hit Herald of Thunder - Assassin's Mark and Warlord's Mark.
* Split physical, cold and chaos damage means only big crits into dense ele reflect packs have any risk. Physical reflect is nothing and ele reflect maps can be run too.
* 80% Fire Res, 82% Cold Res, 79% Light Res and 17% Spell Block from Saffell's Frame.
* Vaal Flameblast area nuke (could use other support skills like Vaal Molten Shell if preferred)
* 5700 HP at 87 with 175% life from tree, at 92 will have 194% life with Scion wheel for 6k+.
* Best solo or in small party since charge generation is mostly from kills.

Character Page
Stats are with charges up, and before extra damage from Assassin's Mark and Shock.

Build Video
Gorge Clear (Extra Rares, Monster Life, Monster Damage, Extra Cold Damage mods)
(The quality could be better sorry, it takes me an hour to upload even like this!)

Gem Links
* Glacial Cascade + Spell Echo + Conc Effect + Added Chaos + Iron Will
* Vaal Flameblast + Elemental Proliferation + Spell Echo (+ Iron Will from Doon Cuebiyari)
* Haste + Purity of Ice + Reduced Mana + Warlord's Mark
* Enduring Cry + Spell Echo + Lightning Warp
* Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark + Assassin's Mark (Get as much quantity on the curses as possible.)
* Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Enfeeble (Enfeeble is higher level than CwDT so you can self cast it.)

Build Tree

Build Gear

Piloting Advice
The aim is to get the build self sustaining by triggering the Herald of Thunder curse on hit. When you begin a map you will have 10% chance to shock and 17% chance to crit before curses and charges. You need a first mob killed when shocked, and the first pack always gets things going in my experience. With blood rage together with the two curses spreading everywhere you will constantly leech life and mana, and constantly generate charges and can concentrate on fighting. If you take some hits and trigger Immortal Call, there's a self cast Echoed Enduring Cry to quickly replace them for safety.

Map wise, the only problem mods are Blood Magic and Curse Immune. Physical Reflect is negligable risk, elemental reflect is only risky with the densest packs, and because your life and mana get leeched all the time, low and no regen maps are OK. If you are expecting heavy damage or are playing low regen/vulnerability/ele reflect maps, you can consider leaving off Blood Rage and get decent health regen in exchange for the 3 frenzy charges.
Last edited by MisterBernn on Mar 21, 2015, 10:38:47 PM
Updated tooltip for level 19 Cascade gem.
Can you post screenshots of your character page?
Added a stat page as asked since the league is ending and SundayRoast retires!
what are your bandit-choices?? ty and nice build btw ^^
I've been playing a version of this in 2.0 beta and enjoying it a lot. Up to level 72.

A couple of comments:

a. The aura changes do not significantly affect the build.

b. I've been playing with a CWDT of Ice Nova, Blind, and Discharge. In order to make Ice Nova and Discharge effective, you need to level up the CWDT. Both seem to do well with the expanded AOE that is an integral part of the build.

c. I haven't been using the blood rage, and the build works just fine without the frenzy charges.

d. I have been very pleasantly surprised by the amount of charges provided by the HOI/Curse on Hit/Assassin's Mark/Warlord's Mark combo. That's one of the reasons I decided to try discharge as a CWDT.
Bandits:

Oak - Alira - Oak

You can easily switch Haste for Herald of Ice - less Mana reserved and I think even more DPS at the end. I use to do that, because my Mana would be like 100 and even with all the reduced-mana-cost-points in the tree I have trouble if I use Haste.

But overall this is a very nice and very cheap, in terms of item costs, build. I like it a lot :-)
taH pagh taHbe'!
Last edited by Lytor on Jun 8, 2015, 11:21:19 AM
What's the point of having saffels instead of a good shield that gives spell damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info