Polla's Butterfly Build

Hey there everyone , I'm here to share my build with all of you. I have never done cookie cutter builds before and this is my first successful build for end game maps that I've done.

I don't recommend this build for HC. See pros and cons section for detail.

Get over 50k DPS with only 2 ex investment!

The Idea behind the build

I don't play POE all that often and as a consequence I;m always poor. So I started the leagues with an elemental bow user with high IIR able to solo maps up to lvl 71. But it soon becam boring since clearing a map took a good part of 12-15 min. The loot was coming in steadily but it still felt slow.

So I though I'd have a go at a build that can clear map in sub 6 min so that I can do 10 maps an hour instead of 4. What I ended up with exceeded even my expectations. I did a gorge map in 3:17 (3 min 17 seconds). I don't know how to record videos and upload them , so I'm not gonna bother. Someone else with the skill can do it. ( I hope ;D )

Instead of going the IIR route I just went full on with getting clear speed. More damage = more clear speed and soon I found out that I can even do solo 78 maps. More on maps later.

I achieved my objective of a fast farmer and ended up getting about 30-35 chaos an hour. Not including map drops.

The Character uses Flicker Strike as the main skill. Secondary skill is spectral throw with PCoC and third skill is Dual Strike for the bosses that actually survive the first onslaught.

Pros and Cons

Pros

*Fast Map Clearing ability
*Fast Farming ability
*High DPS
*High Life Pool
*Scales super good
*Cheap build all the way up to insane gear with insane dps]
*Very fast to level after you begin to use main skill.
*Level Masters Fast as solo

Cons

*Slow to lvl till you can use main skill.
*Getting gear with stats
*Desync
*Desycning in Desync
*Desync WILL kill you at some point

Bandits

Normal: Kill All
Cruel : Help Oak
Merciless : Help Alira

Skills

Skill are listed in order of importance

Chest: Flicker strike, Mulitstrike, Melee Splash, Melee physical damage , Added Fire Damage , Incrased Critical Strikes/Increased Critical Damage or ,for lazy people, Power Charge on Crit.

First 4L: Cast when Damage Taken (lvl7) , Immortal Call , Increased Duration , Vaal Haste

Second 4L: Dual Strike , Melee Physical Damage , Added Fire Damage and Increased Critical Strikes.

Third 4L: Spectral throw , Power Charge on Critical Strike , Faster atacks , Whirling Blades.

First 3L: Cast when Damage Taken (lvl 1) , Enduring Cry , Blood Rage ( Max Level )

Second 3L: Reduced Mana , Hatred , Herald Of Ash / Herald of Ice

Try get quality on these gems asap: Flicker Strike ,Blood Rage, Dual Strike , Power Charge On Critical , whirling blades. In order of importance.

They make the biggest impact. Getting qaulity on everything else is kinda , meh.

Killing Things & Maps

Most of you know the drill while running Flicker strike. Just gonna put it up anyway.

Cast Blood Rage, use spectral throw to get first power charges and frenzy charges. Commence destroying enemy. Sometimes , but very seldom , you'll run out of charges. Just use dual strike to kill the tougher bastards and spectral throw to get those charges running again.

To keep the charges up I cleared a pack of monster/room and before starting to kill the next just quickly spam 4-5 spectral throws and continue my rampage.

This is very handy. Getting frozen or stunned could lead to your death. Besides I had full up time on it. Getting Ccharges from crit and monster means it was never empty.

Use whirling blades to get around. Much faster then running.

I did just about any map mod in lvl 66 to 73 maps. Only thing I skipped is Physical reflect. But mobs in map themselves isn't a threat. Just don't use dual strike on them , because of the way armour works. At 74-78 maps I avoided maps with both increased magic monsters and monster life. I did almost every boss with the exception of Shock and Horror in the Torture Chamber. Don't get me wrong it is possible but its dodgy , especially for me that isn't that great of a player.

I also avoided maps with bosses with high physical damage that included the poison on hit mod. I had -60% chaos resistance , you get the idea. If you were to get chaos resistance I think a lot of mobs and maps would be easier. And Blood Rage won't destroy your life pool so vigorously.

I have not tried atziri at all but I have cleared Palace lvl 78 map with not so terrible mods a few times. Solo ofcourse.

Essential Gear

This build doesn't use any uniques that is an absolute must , but some of them is very handy!

Atziri's Splendour makes all our mana problems go away , and it raises our survivablity a lot. We kill a lot of monsters very fast.

Abyssus help our dps skyrocket but I recommend not using it past lvl 73 maps. Rats Nest will do just as good. Sold my perfect roll rates though.

Maligaro's helps with dps and clear speed. The + dexterity is handy.

Megnigords girdle gives a nice dps boost and HP but a high end belt will be better.

Get swords with crit chance , prefferably at 6.2% and higher with nice base dps. Mine is about 250 dps. An amulet with life leech and/or mana leech. ( IF you can get both that'll be awesome )

My life leech was at 16% , physical reflect isnt a problem since it triggers IC but doing a whole map of physical reflect is not such a good idea.

Getting higher DPS swords and getting corupted things with a power charge/ frenzy charge will help.

With the "End Goal Build" a would like to have had a Kaom's Roots. Getting stunned or frozen can quickly mean your death is soon to follow.

This gear cost me a total of 7 exalt. With the most expensive piece being my chest piece. I level'ed and gave quality to all my gems myself. Even 5 linked it myself , didn't even have to buy fusings. Just got them from maps.

My Stats

Life: 4 883
Flicker DPS no charges: 8308.2 @ 7 aps = 58k
Dual Strike no charges: 48K
Flicker Strike With 4 power charges and 4 Frenzy charges = 9802.5 @ 10.5 aps = 103k
Flicker Strike With 4 power charges and 4 Frenzy charges + Vaal haste= 9802.5 @ 11.8 aps = 116k DPS
Dual Strike with 4 power charges and 4 frenzy charges = 63k

Please post any suggestion , videos with the build in action or comments. If we can improve the build even more that'll be awesome.
Last edited by Polla on Mar 2, 2015, 6:19:04 AM
Updated 1

Updated DPS Stats and changed link setup a bit.

is there a specific reason why u chose swords and not daggers?

i'll probably gonna try this build out in closed beta with the new 2h sword with some changes in the tree.
"
is there a specific reason why u chose swords and not daggers?

i'll probably gonna try this build out in closed beta with the new 2h sword with some changes in the tree.

You can't cleave with dagger. (Assuming he is using Cleave from his chestpiece)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on May 1, 2015, 5:51:15 AM
I'm giving this build a run (as best I can without buying anything, anyway), and the biggest problem I've had so far is that my mana pool...sucks. I OOM constantly and when my flasks are empty and all my mana is gone, I'm a sitting duck.

Otherwise, it works beautifully, and does a pretty damn good job of killing huge packs of mobs fast. We'll see if the mana problem goes away later on in the scale.
Hi there guys , thanks for reply.

I used 1h swords because its a bit of something else and they are a lot cheaper then high end daggers.

The mana problems goes away when you get to endgame gear. I just tried to make sure to have enough mana so that it can leech fast enough back to keep at it.

I'll post a guide for POE 2.0 as soon as I have optimized my build since the skill tree changed a lot and I have to redo some math and shit.

If anyone has some ideas on improvements please feel free to say so.

Good Luck and have fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info