FirestormGuy's firestorm build(Level78)(TANKY)(HIGH DPS? (65K?))(BLOODLINES)

This is just my thread to showcase my build and record my progression. If anyone finds this build cool then thats just a bonus :) First build guide (sort of) so please tell me if you dislike anything about the way I've set it out or if I'm missing anything.

EDIT: Boasting 65k DPS can someone check out my working in the offense section <3

Passive tree (level 78)
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAA-4EsxEPFLAVIBZvGNsaOB0UHb4i4iSqJy8qTSzpM4c1kjbpOlg64TwtPydBh0PIRtdH4kp9SshMLUz_TeNPBFXGWW1boFuvXypfmGP9Zp5noGjybqpxhXRVdPF65nwOgh6Cm4PbhTKHdouMj0aQVZo7m6Gf36IApDmmV6dVrJivbLFCtfK3PsAawGbGrs8y0IHVpti92rnbC90N4XPjauOf7DjtPO988B_yRffX-d356PrS_MX-Cv6P

Bandits:
Oak - passive point - Oak

Pros:
Spoiler
High HP
MoM (AA)
Easy to sustain mana cost
Pretty good damage. '1 casting' most mobs in level 66-69 maps, yet to do proper maps but looks fine so far.
Super long CWDT immortal call due to the passive tree (90% duration)
Can do most mods (did reflect + max minus max with a reflect mob fine)
Shock mobs with your 10% shock and 60 odd fireballs per second.
Offscreen safely.
EZPZ lvling (leveled to 58 with reverb wand)
Don't need great gear (as with most caster builds). So is fairly cheap compared to other builds.

Cons
People say firestorm is less efficient than other caster builds but I haven't seen this fact yet.
Spoiler
People hate you in maps due to the spam of firestorm balls that drop, not recommended to party but you can if people are up for it.
No half/no regen maps. Would rather not do blood magic but still can.
Need a +3 staff? (I've never played with out it :/)
You have no shield so it's hard to get enough ES/Mana.
Usual EB MoM struggles.
Haven't tried to kill Aziri? (I think I could XD)

Offense
Spoiler
Just let the natural damage of firearoem carry you :P
+3 fire staff the damage nodes around templar and heralds are what I have to boost my damage.
The real DPS comes from leveled enhance and also the heralds working together.
The average damage on my firestorm tooltip says 850.
I drop 38 fireballs over 2.47 seconds with a 0.54 cast speed, meaning I can squeeze in 5 firestorms at a time. 38/2.47 is about 15 balls per second. So 15x850x5 = max dps of 65k? I'm fairly certain my working is right don't see why not. Can't post tool tip ATM, but 65k at level 78 is pretty decent :P

Defense
Spoiler
Usual caster MoM AA stuff (barely any armour/ev (500/1500). This tree has about 170% life which is a fair bit. Unfortunately I can't run defensive auras due to MoM, so for now im stuck with 5k HP and 1k mana (2k unreserved) with a decent(ish) level AA. 1k mana is enough atm I feel since I run with a hybrid flask to pop on any big hits.
A huge benefit with this build is the CWDT setup. I run both a CWDT and manual cast setup. The CWDT is at level 1, procs fairly often, and on average about 3-4 seconds per proc, which is pretty good. Rarely use the self cast but is godly when you do.

This was my second bloodlines character outside of a level 66 who ripped to a congealed blood + map merveil (lolscrub). So that gives a scale on the amount of currency I had at the time of planning this build.
GEAR
Spoiler

The gear is pretty gewd so yeah. Probably bought it all for about 8.5ex on bloodlines so not that bad. +3 fire staff is sick and is where that currency most sits. The chest is the next piece to go. Endgame I'm planning on running a Kaoms since the lightning warp slot is useless asf since I have no cast speed :'( After that probably a 6L staff with leveled empower :3

TY all
Last edited by Kleanur on Feb 16, 2015, 9:04:07 AM
So I love your build. I used it as a basis and adjusted it to my own personal preferences. For both preferential and thematic reasons I went with Blood Magic, so I didn't path down into the duelist area beyond the increased duration nodes, nor did I go into the witch area for Eldritch Battery.

I went for some minor gear and gem changes as well. Taking advantage of Three Dragons,Gangs Momentum and Herald of Ice.With three dragons up firestorm now shocks and Herald of Ice does the igniting. I get the bonus damage from enemies being shocked on top of an additional 15% increased damage vs enemies who are ignited working along with the passive node increasing damage against enemies who are socked, frozen, or ignited by 25%.

Last edited by DexterMorganBHB on May 15, 2015, 9:22:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info