Reduce 'Less Damage' penalty by 20 or 30% on 'Ranged Attack Totem' and 'Spell Totem' (good reasons!)

From a graphical optimization perspective, they're already capping out how fast/often hits get animated on mobs. So I don't think that's really an issue.

My main worry is how LMP/GMP would work given that they impose a "less" modifier, albeit a scaling "less" modifer. So totems may not so be hot at multitargeting.

I do believe they'll be substantially tankier though, instead of these glass sculptures that explode anytime something so much as taps it.
So damage output with a level 20 Summon Totem gem and Ancestral Bond has a ~1.05 damage multiplier.

Seems fair to me.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"

Interesting. The change seen in the link almost conforms with the introduction of my OP, "Or just do away with the Attack Speed penalties completely..." but not quite, of course.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on May 25, 2015, 3:52:58 PM
I want the totem see range nodes back into the skill tree since it serves as if it were a damage multiplier.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info