[1.3.x] Piscator's KB Ele Wander

Work in progress.

Credit to Havoc for the passive tree as a starting point.

Gems
Chestpiece: Kinetic Blast - GMP - Power Charge on Crit - Weapon Elemental Damage - Life Leech - (Faster Attacks/Additional Accuracy/Increased Crit Damage/Pierce/Chain)
Note: Haven't done testing to determine which 6L gem is best. Currently I'm using an Ele Weakness curse in the unlinked 6th socket.

Helm: Reduced Mana - Wrath - Anger - (Clarity/Herald of Ice)

Gloves: Elemental Hit - Increased Crit Damage - Faster Attacks - Weapon Ele Damage

Boots: Cast when Damage Taken - Enduring Cry - Immortal Call - Increased Duration

Weapon: Reduced Mana - Herald of Thunder - (Herald of Ice/Clarity)

Shield: Lightning Warp - Reduced Duration - Arctic Armour - Note: if possible, don't link AA to reduced duration, since it reduces the duration of the ground ice.

Gear

Required uniques:

For leveling, any rare or even blue wand that has a decent base attack speed and ideally some crit, attack speed, and/or flat elemental damage will work. Piscator's is basically best in slot, barring some crazy mirrored wand later on (or switching to phys, but I don't plan to).

Until you get an Alpha's Howl, you can just use any rare helm. You'll have to go without one aura or herald until you do. RRBB would be technically the best colours, but I don't care enough to get them since the extra level on clarity won't actually gain me much at this point (I don't run out of mana).

Maligaro's Virtuosity are best in slot, barring getting your hands in a set of Atziri's Acuity. If you do, you can then drop Vaal Pact and use the points to go for Inner Force instead.

Rare Armour:

Especially noteworthy is the shield - ideally you want all the stats you see on this one: life, high ES, mana regen, and resists. I was pretty lucky to get mine.

The chestpiece is fairly flexible, I just alt-regal-mastercrafted a white 5L. Any well rolled rare will do here, but I prefer Evasion/ES if possible. Evasion helps against reflect, and ES = mana.

Boots are flexible, but get lots of movespeed if you can.

Jewellery:

Apart from capping your resists, your jewellery can be a big source of damage. After resists, prioritize crit and WED on your amulet, WED on your belt, and mana regen and flat elemental damage on your rings. If you get regen on both rings and shield, you can easily run a level 21 Arctic Armour (or higher if you want to cram in an Empower).

Passive Tree
Current tree at level 91: Link

Bandits
Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kraityn or Skillpoint
Merciless: Alira

Notes
Mana: Once you have all 3 auras and 2 heralds running, the tolerance for your unreserved mana is very thin. If you don't have enough ES from gear or mana from the tree, you may not be able to run a high level clarity and still keep enough unreserved mana to use your abilities. Be careful when leveling your AA and Clarity.

Singletarget: From my tests and calculations, I definitely would go with Elemental Hit for endgame. The quality bonus (crit chance) and flat elemental damage granted give it the highest DPS of any option here, but that requires you to get a 20/20 gem, and it costs a fair bit of mana. Until you do that, either Power Siphon or Barrage will work fine as a pure singletarget option.

You can also shotgun enemies with Kinetic Blast if they're foolish enough to stand against a wall, which is cool.

Reflect/Vaal Pact: Phys reflect is a complete non-issue, since you deal 0 physical damage. Ele reflect really starts to hurt in Merciless and maps, so Vaal Pact is necessary once your damage starts getting high. I'd aim to have it by your mid-70s or so. As mentioned in the Gear section, if you get Atziri's Acuity, drop VP and go for Inner Force with the savings.

DPS Screenshots

Kinetic Blast
Natural, with charges:

With Atziri's Promise flask:

Elemental Hit
Note: tooltip does not include damage from Elemental Hit's built-in effect. I will update with calculations.

Natural, with charges:

With Atziri's Promise flask:

IGN: RadiantSolaris
Last edited by Arturion on Feb 14, 2015, 6:00:46 AM
dat shield !!

build is really strong , thanks for the guide ! could you add character tabs screenshots defense/offense ?
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Cool build, I'm surprised more people don't build around this wand as it's not all that expensive and it does quite a bit of damage. I read over your build as I am making a Piscator's KB Ele wander but I decided to change it up a little and go CI. I don't think it's better but its something different and I enjoy it :)
I found a nice rolled Piscator the other day. I'm definitely going to try this build out.
Does this build still work?
IGN = Dearest (Warbands)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info