Recommended PC Specs!

So ive been getting by on a labtop that isnt near the best for gaming to begin with and in about 2 weeks i will be in a position to buy a new computer just for playing games! namely this one!
So what would be the best computer within the $1000 price range to run this game like it should be run?
i figure 8G of ram and GTX960 should do but is there any better options out there are possibly cheaper or BOTH? i would like to just buy a already built PC but would it be better or cheaper to build my own and if so what HW should i be looking at?
Thanks in Advance for any help! Cant wait to run this game like it should be run!

BTW... No HP computers OR ATI cards ever again!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 13, 2015, 1:40:32 PM
I wouldn't limit yourself by brand. I have built many pc's with many brands and the hype is usually not real. Anyways, decent but not over the top components will do fine. An SSD would probably have the biggest impact.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Feb 13, 2015, 2:01:43 PM
Building your own machine is cheaper (and better if you have a clue of what you're doing), unless you get a really good deal or so.

As to what specs it should have for PoE, well in my personal opinion...

! Get a good SSD! and not one of those miniSSDs, a properly sized one so it can hold more than just the system and PoE and still have a reserve (just in case). For PoE, SSD does a lot for load times and fluidity of the gameplay (no lags when opening strongboxes, loading rogue exiles etc).

For GPU, doesn't really matter, any modern one does "good" in PoE. The higher end ones will get bottlenecked by PoE's poor engine and/or coding.

For CPU, kinda same as above. Get one with quadcore for general reasons though (PoE doesn't really take advantage of that). (For example, i5-4690K is pretty well priced and will do good). Get a proper CPU cooler so you can overclock safely if/when needed.

8G of ram should be fine

Eh, some tech guy can probably tell you more but hope I helped some at least.
I got myself new PC components too few days ago and I can confirm that an SSD (The Samsung 840/850 EVO/Pro Series do a good job and have a fair price I think) has the biggest impact. Before I waited like 2-5 minutes (no joke) for the game to start up, now it takes 18 seconds (cold start) from clicking PoE until login screen opens.
Besides having tested Nvidia and AMD GPUs, only AMD cards had the sudden fps spikes (atleast the ones i tested).
I think you wont even need a GTX960 to run the game, atleast not if you don't plan to run the game with 4K HD downsampling or something like that.

And yes 8 GB RAM are enough.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on Feb 13, 2015, 2:56:38 PM
"
Darkrox wrote:
I got myself new PC components too few days ago and I can confirm that an SSD (The Samsung 840/850 EVO/Pro Series do a good job and have a fair price I think) has the biggest impact. Before I waited like 2-5 minutes (no joke) for the game to start up, now it takes 18 seconds (cold start) from clicking PoE until login screen opens.
Besides having tested Nvidia and AMD GPUs, only AMD cards had the sudden fps spikes (atleast the ones i tested).
I think you wont even need a GTX960 to run the game, atleast not if you don't plan to run the game with 4K HD downsampling or something like that.

And yes 8 GB RAM are enough.

Running a 840 Pro series myself.

Yeah, really satisfied with it. 18 seconds sounds kinda long to me (really!), you should run a performance optimization with Magician and set the OS optimization for maximum performance (though, I use a hybrid in between performance and reliability) if you want even faster load times.
Thanks guys! yeah im not very impressed by the AMD card i run now at all and HP im not really a fan of their computers or their service if you ever have an issue! and as for an SSD HD that was pretty much a given i think thats one of my biggest issues now with load times and such!
Im thinking building my own i will come out better for a little cheaper!
Like i said i dont need it to be some crazy beast just something that will run most any game out today and last for good few years! and primarily run this game the way it should be played! And id like to stay away from anything ill have overheating issues with too!
Thanks Again!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info