Looking to come back after long hiatus

I started playing poe when it was first released, I was able to level my freeze crit witch to 77, ran a lot of end game maps then got bored and stopped playing. For whatever reason I really want to jump in again, but after being away for so long I wanted to know what classes were best right now (best as in ease of use and being able to solo the most content). There's no way I'm going back to standard league, as I'm sure its economy is a joke.

tl;dr

What classes and builds are powerful enough to solo the game easily?
What league should a returning player join?
Is Spectral throw Scion viable? (something i'm interested in)

Thanks!
IGN: SquirtLover
Classes and skills have much more parody than the last time you played. You would be best off doing what sounds fun and just jumping in. With that said, most spells, bow skills, 2h phys, 1h ele, totem, summon builds are fairly easy to start from nothing and finish regular content. Arc, flameblast, incinerate, flame totem, tornado shot, spectral throw, static strike, summon raging spirits are some of the more popular. But, don't let these limit you.

Esit: temp leagues (bloodlines, torment) are very popular. Ele spectral throw aura scion is quite popular and powerful.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Feb 13, 2015, 11:29:27 AM
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
But, don't let these limit you.

Yeah, most spells are pretty easy. I just played a tendril templar in torment fully self found including gems, no twink. It went into maps with two 4-links and the rest on three or less without cwdt setup, manual gearbox style. So just pick whatever and zap away.

Bow builds and other ranged skills are easy too but trading for decent weapons at least is recommended.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Thanks guys, I'll research some of the ones you mentioned. Tornado shot just sounds epic. I think "easy" was the wrong word, I meant cheap, as in a build that doesn't rely on a single unique to work or something like that.
"
SquirtLover wrote:
I think "easy" was the wrong word, I meant cheap.

What a coincidence, that's exactly the kind of 'easy' I meant :)

You can try to contact me online, I could give you some common supports or something to get you started if you want, it's a bother to chase them around.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 13, 2015, 12:51:51 PM
Oh my gosh, that would be great! I just joined the US Torment server with my new Ranger! I'll pm you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info