What can I improve? Ele Static Strike Life/Armor-based Marauder

I'm level 77 Ele static strike and still feeling squishy in 72 maps.

Stats:
Offense

Defense

Resistances in Merc

Gear:

Notes:
- I will swap in Life Gain on Hit depending on the map mod/who i'm fighting, but then my damage suffers
- I can afford to upgrade my weapon from current (220edps) to roughly 250edps, but not sure if that alone is enough to step into higher maps
- My next 5-6 levels are all going towards life nodes
- My overall budget is roughly 2ex

Any input/advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
Squishy with 11k armor? hmmm, maybe you need more block, your tree is really inefficient, you should buy an aegis, it goes well with your elemental theme
Any specific recommendations for revamping my tree?

Also, Aegis would give me 20% damage, 2% more block, and max cold res at the cost of 100 life and lots of armor. I'm not seeing how it'd be all that beneficial since I'm not taking advantage of the "energy shield when block" mod it has. Am I missing something?

Might I need to rework my sockets to always have my 5 endurance charges up and setup a high CWDT/Immortal Call so it's triggered less frequently but is always available to proc when I take a large hit? That seems to be my issue, I still feel like I'm taking big hits but not sure why.
Last edited by StyledEase on Feb 13, 2015, 1:54:00 PM
I don't see any sort of life leech for Static Strike to utilize. Does Vengeance and Reposte proc enough to mitigate Blood Magic drain with 5.9aps?

I'd try one of the following:
Dropping an aura, find 1% to 2% mana leech. Then replace BM with Life Leech.
Or
Buy a Doryani's Invitation. Lightning version for life leech from lighting damage.

Just my two cents.
Last edited by Bulbakachu on Feb 13, 2015, 2:17:36 PM

119ES

your tree has 140% increased defenses from shield and 10% from sanctity

so 119*2.40*1.1 = 314 ES + 50*1.1 = 369 ES

and has 168% increased armor

so armor from gear 2204*2.68 = 5907

armor from shield 406*2.68*2.40 = 2611

total armor with aegis = 8518

so each time you block you will replenish 0.02*8518 = 170 ES
with granite flask that should be full replrenish in one block

thats adds a lot of survivality

as for tree i suggest you

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAAecGOQz3Dc0UIBZvFy8aOBo-HM4kiycvK1A26DwFPQ89_ECgRtdRYFWpVdZXDVcpWGNeE18_ZOdmnmjyagFxhXKpdqx35Xk5fNl-4oCkggeCm4zPkFWRzpe0mjuezZ_Ln9-iAKcwqZWsr62NsULAGsC_xPbG2M9-0iHZYdl842rp1eoY7DjvDu988B_yQfMG8xH2SPcy-tL7qv5UBS1gS3rvdO2E78GCTUZi7GSjGlVhITrYfLvAZgSzMk4bl-RRUEc=

and this for higher lvl

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAAecGOQz3Dc0UIBZvFy8aOBo-HM4kiycvK1A26DwFPQ89_ECgRtdRYFWpVdZXDVcpWGNeE18_ZOdmnmjyagFxhXKpdqx35Xk5fNl-4oCkggeCm4zPkFWRzpe0mjuezZ_Ln9-iAKcwqZWsr62NsULAGsC_xPbG2M9-0iHZYeNq6dXqGOw47w7vfPAf8kHzBvMR9kj3MvrS-6r-VAUtYEt673TthO_Bgk1GYuxkoxpVYSE62Hy7wGYEszJOG5fkUVBHL8y9Nkd-hNm-p2VNFE38S7yfGJGkGbYsJd8b-jpS

About your aura setup, anger + wrath + herald of thunder and tempest shield WTF?? i would run, herald of ash + hatred + herald of thunder + tempest shield simple MORE DMG, and change that SWORD ASAP, get something with high phyisical dps, static strike scales better with phy dmg doryani catalyst is a good option, but you can try 250~ dps weapon as well

and wtf with those highly overcapped resists?
Last edited by Rave64 on Feb 13, 2015, 5:09:23 PM
Thank you very much for breaking that down for me. ive never used an Aegis before and wasn't aware of how the mechanic worked. I will definitely consider giving that a shot, as the damage gain would be helpful along with the 5% max cold res. I'm curious to see how that energy shield recharge on block works as well, that may fix some of my issues.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info