FIX FLICKER STRIKE PLEASE

with the recent patch fixing some issues with shield charge desync...

now all you need to do is fix the desync of flicker strike... and then we would be set......flicker strike is way too dumb - and almost every other few seconds is teleporting me to some distant land where your servers don't think I am and I get killed half the time... the only thing to do is run halfway back to where I think I was before the game realizes I'm not where it thinks I am and slams me up against a small rock formation or a wall of some sort.... please get it fixed...

I love this game... I've played since beta (even though for some reason I didn't get that callsign or whatever its called). I have played so many different builds it's not even slightly funny... they all lost my passion, and I always end up going back to flicker strike... but it seems like it just keeps getting worse and worse with the desync-ing.

Its not because of my computer... let me just get that right out of the way right now. I'm not going to go into detail but lets just leave it at... its worth a lot...

It's not my internet, at least on my end... 79 down, 25 up...

Sometimes I get so frustrated I quit... one of these days it might be for a long... long time.... please allow me to play the build I love- -hell nerf the damage again if you have to....it would be better than lagging out for seconds at a time and not being able to attack and dying anyways.....
the answer you'll probably get from most people is "avoid flicker strike builds", a response i'll provide as well.
It's the unfortunate harsh reality that flicker strike is very desync provoking (due to fast relocating, which the server can't seem to cope with). If FS desync can be fixed, it would have already been done. But as it stands, it hasn't and it likely won't the same way it won't happen for leap slam.

The way the netcode is constructed apparently makes fixing desync very much an impossible task. What frustrates me a lot more than certain builds being entirely non-viable because of it, is that GGG keeps adding monsters that use skills prone to cause desync a lot.
To make matters worse, it feels like all the desync mobs are also the hardest hitting mobs in the game (think (Bone) Roahs, charging elite blackguards, Chimerals, ...).

A good "fix" would be to stop developping skills that just won't work with the server infrastructure. But for now, face the hard truth. A lot of builds are not possible or fun because of desync and it's best to simply avoid them, even that goes entirely against the philosophy of the game ironically (diversity of builds)
flicker builds work as long as you oneshot most mobs(=crit). (there are probably some other viable variants with slow weapon, like Oros, but I havent tried them (unlike crit one that worked for me)).

the more and faster you flicker aroud the more likely you desync, your(and monster) position on server and client are slightly different, and flicker maximum teleport distance is low. Youll figure out the rest

"fix desync" is pretty ignorant statement that can be made only by a person with no idea what desync is (read the dev manifesto on this topic). It cant be "fixed" in environment with limited data transfer speed and stability (internet). They only improve their action prediction system, but there will always be problems with super fast movement skills like flicker

They didnt "fix desync" on shield charge, they just fixed some issue that caused some of it. Most comes (and will until the end of eternity) from terrain obstacles (again, different player/monster positions on server/client)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 13, 2015, 12:10:44 PM
The desync assosiated with Flicker - Multistrike is impossible to fix since the position of the mobs differs on client and server and multistrike always picks new target if one is available. It's kinda like Cyclone - Multistrike was.

In my opinion skills with "movement" as tag shouldn't work with Multistrike. Causes tons of desyncing and they're really awkward (Flicker gets away with this usually since it has so fast attack time with frenzy charges) looking.
Last edited by Grughal on Feb 13, 2015, 3:11:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info