How many points should you allocate if pre-planning?

I know there are about 100 levels in PoE,but after a while, leveling past a certain point becomes very impractical. I also know you can get extra passives through quests. My question is, how many passives should I allocate, out of 120? This is assuming I take the passives from the bandits all three times. What would be a practical amount of passive points to reach?
No one can tell u how many points to allocate. It depends on your goals. If you want a character that can do dominus runs efficiently u might be ok with not going beyond level 80 and have your end build at 97-100 points.

If you're looking to farm 78 maps in groups and reach the highest levels then you might want to plan something with 110 points (lv 90)
IGN: Ghost_Prototype (100 Shadow - Std)
Remember The Name - Endgame mapping guild. Thread - #1196726
Okay, thanks. All I really needed.
i plan between 106 and 111 points, that usually takes a char to somewhere around 88-92.

You need a character to be operational in the 70s though. Id make a plan for like 90 points, somewhere around there, make sure you have everything you need at that point, and then an idea of where you would take it to say 105 ish to get that little extra. If the char doesnt function at 90 points though youll never get to spend the next 15.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Feb 13, 2015, 5:48:52 AM
When working out the passive tree I like to have a nice round 110 points to work with, which is a realistically reachable level 90, if you end up liking the build you might really end up with those 110. If I took any bandit rewards I take a few points off that to compensate.

That said, last 10-15 points are mostly endgame fluff and in no way vital to the build, usually more dps or whatever.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Same here: i usually plan with 100-110 points (=lvl 80-93) but try to have the most important stuff with no more than 100 skillpoints. Most builds will usually take the skillpoint from the bandits only once so plan in 1-3 extra levels you will need.
Hardcore builds should always be planned with a few skillpoints less so that you have a reasonably well rounded build around lvl 75-80.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
The build should be thematically "complete" by the time you hit 80 points. If you're still wandering for keystones or unable to survive taking hits in a3m/maps, you're up shit creek.

Past that, I plan for about 20 points after that (to 100) just so that I know not to screw myself on highway pathing beforehand.

There's no point in planning after 100 points -- you'll know what you need then when you get there and not really a priori. They're also fairly fluff points that don't change your character concept, they just make it stronger.
(goal level)-1 = points earned strictly by levelling.

Every difficulty you complete and kill all bandits, doing all passive point quests = 7 points.
Any time you help a bandit = 6 points in that difficulty.

EG:

I want a level 85 character that helps oak (N), kills all (C), helps alira (M)

(85-1) + 6(N) + 7(C) + 6(M) = 103 points.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info