Stringing on the Kickstarter customer, or Why this game needs to die

"
TheWretch wrote:
im around until act4, that's do or die time. Kickstarter? hell na, im way over the point of giving GGG anymore money. last time I bought a pack they used the funds for their 30 man pvp project. Like, fuck off.

Spoiler

i hyperbole
you hyperbole
we are hyperbolic

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:
if this is how you want to be remembered, "The Ass who Called for the Death of the Company", then frankly the sooner we see the back of you, the sooner we can forget you.
That's not how I'd like to be remembered. At all. That would make me sad. I hope GGG makes several new successful titles and purchases Activision in 20 years.

Now, The Ass Who Called for the Death of the Game? I could live with that one.

How do you reconcile both positions? I mean, there is a correlation between the game's health and GGG's ability to develop shit.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Boem wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
im around until act4, that's do or die time. Kickstarter? hell na, im way over the point of giving GGG anymore money. last time I bought a pack they used the funds for their 30 man pvp project. Like, fuck off.

Spoiler

i hyperbole
you hyperbole
we are hyperbolic

Peace,

-Boem-

Again, you use words out of context. So typical for you. Look up the drivel you type prior to posting it next time, or don't and live up to your reputation.

Nonsense,

-Wretch-
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:
if this is how you want to be remembered, "The Ass who Called for the Death of the Company", then frankly the sooner we see the back of you, the sooner we can forget you.
That's not how I'd like to be remembered. At all. That would make me sad. I hope GGG makes several new successful titles and purchases Activision in 20 years.

Now, The Ass Who Called for the Death of the Game? I could live with that one.

Is there a disconnect between supporting and having faith in GGG as a company?

Because in my eyes, there is not.

Which makes your suggestion something more in the line off ->

"don't put your faith in GGG as a company anymore and back off"

Look at it like this, you succeed in your attempt. PoE folds and GGG starts a new project, they attempt to get funds.

Obviously, you rally for them and proceed to put in the effort and time to garner views and subscriptions.

Somebody comes in and post's this thread there.

What will be the general consensus you think from people unfamiliar with GGG as a company.

You don't simply suggest to abandon ship without any future impact based on that decision, or do you?

Peace,

-Boem-
The disconnect is spacing out everything you say, the chances of ppl reading it were slim enough given your priors. This just obliterates that hope.
"
TheWretch wrote:
The disconnect is spacing out everything you say, the chances of ppl reading it were slim enough given your priors. This just obliterates that hope.

Do you sell fallacy's?

Peace,

-Boem-

/good derail do
op and first page discussion are some pretty good thoughts to consider.
I never supported much, throwing 20$ so far to ggg with no regrets.

a lot of people have contributed a quite a bit more.

Without those contributions, my game would be a lot dimmer and limmited.
I would have gotten bored and left long ago. I owe the large body of
supporters much of the enjoyment I have gotten from poe.

thank you.

I feel like in an imperfect world, ggg has discovered and exploited
a very clever and in many ways fair path to development. With the many
imperfections, its been a bold and successful experiment.

There is a huge amount of momentum pushing poe forward still and ggg
is in a financially firm position. When the time comes to begin development
on a new title, they will have a lot of resources with which to start.

a new title should be coming, but not soon. And when it comes will not
be the end of poe.

GGG is obliged to maintain poe for many more years... at least 5.

doesn't mean they cant release poe2 beta in 2017, or whatever they work on
next.

I generally like what has happened with poe, and as a very low level investor
feel I have no right to complain (got more than what I paid for).

the rest of you however need to be heard.

"
Boem wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

Do you sell fallacy's?

Peace,

-Boem-

/good derail do

do you even forum bruh bruh

change those sweatpants

theyre kinda stinky

and by proxy

so are you
If the kids above us are done throwing spitballs at each other (looking at you Boem and Wretch)....

"
TikoXi wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
TikoXi wrote:
ignorant and rude nonsense

omg are blind or something , its not about what WE think the game was supposed to be, it is about what they TOLD us it was supposed.

every time some one like you get this wrong an angel dies .

And you completely missed the part where I told you what they told you DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE.

I hope you don't miss it this time, cause I can't make it any more obvious. I apologise if I buried the message too deep to find before.

Spoiler
Yes, this is sarcasm.

Except, obviously, it does still matter. Scrotie made the decision to support back then based on what he was told. The fact that he feels reality doesn't match what he was told is causing him disappointment and perhaps regret regarding his decision. This impacts his future playing and supporting, which affects GGG's bottom line. Ergo, it still matters. How much is a matter of degree, and only time will tell.

And if I told you I was going to do X if you gave me $A, and then did Y, wouldn't you feel like I had mislead you or misused those funds, regardless of how close Y is to X?
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
What you guys mean by "disconnect" is that there is nuance in my position. There are things I trust GGG to be good at; there are things I trust GGG to be bad at. Paramount among these things I expect then to fail at is iteration. I think they truly believe, as some of you do, that PoE (1) is the only thing they will ever do.

This is an unrealistic expectation, though, because no publisher's first title is ever their best. After Diablo 1 came Diablo 2, after Neverwinter Nights came Dragon Age Origins, after Demon's Souls came Dark Souls. Iteration, to include the iteration of completely starting over, is a necessary component of further perfecting one's craft.

The unfixible in PoE is already rather exposed. To that I say, let the game die. Start over. If necessary, prod GGG into starting over thorough your actions as a customer.

That's not at all the same as wishing ill on GGG.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 10, 2015, 3:06:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info