simple static strike question

I searched but can't find an answer, so now I must ask. Does the stun effect apply to static strikes explosion? I have stun mastery passive and mace specialization passives.

I'm trying to figure out if I'm wasting my reduced stun threshold and increased stun duration bonuses from passives and gear and from specializing in maces, on a static strike build.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stun

Stun basically applies on any damage huge enough.

However static strike is not favourable for stun builds as it is outclassed by skills such as heavy strike and ground slam which have a build-in stun threshold reduction in the skills.
they do physical damage so yeah
Thanks for replying, I figured it out before getting a response, I was just confused about stun mechanics. I started this char as a ground slam stunner specialized in two hand maces. Then I found the static strike gem and I just like the skill better so kept using it.

To clarify, Rave64, the gem says only the initial attack is physical, the static discharge is lightning based.

And to SheolFear, I know about the built in stun properties of ground slam/heavy. that's the combo I was using before I found static strike. I was having trouble with dying lots. Changed to static stike/leap slam combo. And now I feel like I'm walking through low level maps solo.
the explosion deal 70% of your main hit damage, thats include elemental and physical damage, trust me the explosions stuns

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info