Need advice on getting more dmg

Hi guys.

I followed this guide for my first "highlvl" char:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73072

Current tree at lvl 72:

At the moment i'm going for the dmg nodes at the bottom, executioner and wrecking ball.

Current equip:
Spoiler

So the main question, like the title says: how do i get more dmg (besides passives of course)?
I guess it will be kinda hard, eg when i look at poe.xyz for a better weapon.
It seems to me that there are only little upgrades for a huge amount of money.
I'm not the wealthiest player, i have at least about 40-50c, but no exalts etc.
But i don't want to spend 10 or more chaos for a new weapon that only gives 100 dps more for ground slam.

I recently spent 10c for a marohi erqi because that one looked kinda nice, but although it has about 100-150 more physical dmg, the fact that it has 10% less attack speed dropped my ground slam dps from 8k to about 7k. ok, it also has the more area effect, but is this really worth it?

Also maybe someone who also has such a build can tell me how much dps i can achieve with ground slam and heavy strike? ground slam is atm at about 8.2k and heavy strike about 11.6k.
Maybe i can't really get much higher?

I hope someone can enlighten me a little bit :)

Thanks in advance for your help!
I think you can swap the life leech gems on both attacks for multistrike.

IMO warlords mark gives enough life leech already, you don't need to get any more on your attack links.

p.s. I was about to say run hatred+herald of ash before I notice that you are running blood magic.
You're right, why didn't i think of trying this earlier? :D

Edit:
Works fine. It not only pushed my groundslam dmg from 8.5k to 11.1k (heavy strike from around 12k to 14k), it's also nice that the second and third attack are auto-aiming :)
Last edited by kizzderose on Feb 11, 2015, 6:15:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info