Nuclear Leap Slam/Hulk & Thor's manbaby.

So you saw that Rainbow Nuke guide? Awesome right? Then you went to your stash, stared at your currency and cried a little?

"
Tom94 wrote:
Note, that Mjölner, Romira's Banquet and Voll's Devotion are required for all versions of the build.

You see that? That's a lie!

Fear not! You can still look cool and flashy and be effective for a fraction of the price!

Introducing Hulk & Thor's manbaby

A health-based rainbow nuke that leaves a lot room for your own decisions in terms of gear. No need for that pricey voll's devotion or a freakin' 6L shavs!

Pros:

Looks cool
Hits hard
Doesn't cost much (relatively)
Immunity to reflect (ish)

Cons:

Could hit harder. (not that you REALLY need to, the damage is already ridiculous)
You better use that Topaz flask properly or you're gonna be gambling with your life.
Haven't tried uber atziri yet(yay, being poor!), but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit hard.

Since we're not reliably getting endurance charges, we're getting maximum power charges and a bunch of lightning damage.

Next comes the tankiness. You can find your own balance, but I like having around 6.5k health. You could go a little more glass cannon if that's what you like, but it's not necessary. I went for armour and health because damage reduction is always nice to have and when you swap to your armour shield in mostly phys damage maps, you're pretty much immortal.

Resolute Technique = Necessary
Unwavering Stance = Kind of necessary-ish (getting stunned as you leap into a pack kinda sucks in 76+ maps)
Vaal Pact = Not necessary at all (unless you own Voll's Devotion and don't feel like popping 2 flasks all the time vs ele reflect)

Lastly, you'll notice I didn't put points in nodes that give raw stats only despite Mjolner's insane stat requirement. That's just my old Diablo 2 habit of going "pure vita" or in this case, passive node efficiency. I get my stats from my gear. If you want to do it differently, that's up to you!

Items

Items are pretty straight forward.

Get Health -> Resistances -> Armour ­­-> Damage

The only real REQUIREMENTS of this build are Romira's Banquet and Mjolner.

Saffel's Frame + Topaz flask + Purity of Lightning are what makes you immune to ele reflect.
Lioneye's Remorse is your swap shield for maps with mostly physical damage.

Now the gems...

For Mjolner I'm using
Life Leech + Arc + Discharge.
But you can replace Life Leech with Lightning Penetration if you feel your sustain is good enough.

My Body Armour is a 5 linked of
Molten Strike + Greater Multiple Projectile + Multistrike + Life Gained on Hit + Faster Attacks
That setup is pretty standard, you want molten strike to be as reliable as possible. It's a great skill for AoE and single target.
You can replace Molten Strike with Lightning Strike while you're mapping and swap them back at the boss if you want, tho.

The gloves serve 2 purposes at once, which is nice.
Faster Attacks + Leap Slam + Cast When Damage Taken + Molten Shell

The helmet is for the typical
CWDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Enduring Cry

The boots are your auras. Since we're not the original rainbow nuke build with ES, we can't reserve life AND mana and run 6 million auras, so we're gonna make due with 3.
Reduced Mana + Purity of Fire + Purity of Ice + Purity of Lightning

Now truthfully, I only run 2 resistance auras at a time to make way for my shield setup:
Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark + Herald of Thunder
So obviously, always run Purity of Lightning + Herald of Thunder + whatever other aura you need for the area you're in.

All the little ticks from Herald of Thunder apply the curse which gives me even more lifesteal. Ultimately, map mods like "cannot regen life" or "50% life and mana recovered" are absolutely meaningless.

Now unfortunately I didn't have the foresight to gather a lot of footage of me playing that build so here's a little taste for now and I'll add some as I record stuff.

Videos

Leaping around 1 shotting everything in a 75 map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCFQ479a2Y8

Pretty fast kill of a level 78 Palace Dominus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F03TcTuRpCM
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Feb 10, 2015, 5:20:13 PM
Added a video of a pretty cool Dominus kill in a level 78 Palace map.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
why u call it leapslam when its just a mjolner build or am i wrong?
IGN jauertemplar
Jauershadow
It's a health-based, budget mjolner build with an emphasis on leap slam use for fast clear times.

I just gave it a fancy name for shits & giggles.

When I found the original Mjolner build, I realized I could do something pretty darn similar for a fraction of the price and I thought people might want the alternative.
I repropose also here this variationo f life version. It's not much different:

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAVa5Eq4-mghDfsCycES18g836uJOiAASzwGZFRzLR2L3-Crc-NZK18r6nZU29Nkd-hNkB3L6KeA2pbp_LpzAB5zboWK982fcycqnE9jwtxq5G11cpcYXAGlnzrKqQVRo4Jy_jahZvNukkqn7HG_Hli52upwjvDlBH5FFnm64-d-P-VA3NK1Aczj0PMglybGxG3YzZX-ASjRl-rxEPrJiD21XGOlgQWHYRMjTk7B8CBAcqOBhdrfGwq_Tm3eNfOZstRmkabIKb7Dg876ZXTeP-jzrh8kXhc5o7
just found a Mjolner and i tried it.
here is my tree choices :
-aim for Str/int/(dex) for easy gearing
-aim for resist for easy gearing too
-then life/att. speed
-a little spell dmg (but we dont need alot of them becaus mjolner is soooo powerfull (fast clearing 76 maps with lvl 17/18 gem and a lvl 78 scion )!)
my tree

overcaped resist (to do eleweakness map) and 5000 life (need a little more).

i am using the Riposte/vengeance/reckoning gems. many times, a simple Leap slam in a monster pack i enought to kill them all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info