[LLD, BotW application?] Elemental Crit Dual Strike by lapiz (US STD Season 1 Winner)

Okay so here is a fun proof of concept. Elemental dual striker with daggers seems to be a very effective LLD character! A bit random against some builds but effective!

The idea is to one shot the enemy. The character has around 12,5k tooltip on dual strike with the following links: dual strike, wed, multistrike, lightning pen, bcr, crit dmg. With a different gem setup and passive tree you can get almost 20k tooltip but this setup is more effective in general.

The gear is extremely crucial for the build to be viable and you need at least 2 vagan daggers with proper multimods. Without vagan's this just wont be good enough to beat the best builds. Im still experimenting whether the +2 range on weapon is worth having over crit multi but it would seem the crit multi is more powerful in the end.

This char can "oneshot" a char with 1,5k hp and can beat any LLD build with bis gear. It shocks, freezes and stuns on nearly every hit. The most important thing is to get control of the map fast so you can quickly step in for the kill. This is the reason for 3 quicksilvers. The build is ridiculously fun to play!

Bow swap is very powerful also and I think the TS tooltip is around 2,4k with lightpen. This can be very nice sometimes as a surprise as it can 1-2 shot a char that stands still.

Blink arrow is your key skill. You want to step in with that against ranged chars. Flicker (without multi) before dual strike is usually required against ranged chars. Against melees its often better to just attack move with dual strike.

tree:
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYA-_WXl0V8jDblGbQ4YeJVS6SRE55d8n4zcFKJ03DVfeMs4axmuT7YdkcG8uFjQw5IOkJLeN2oMHHUIwW1wuy0xdvn

gear:
Spoiler

pots:
Spoiler

Pots can be changed to be more optimal if you know your opponent but this is the setup I would run in ladder and still be able to beat any build. I dont have to use any item swaps which is very nice. EW gloves can be nice against some characters but usually I just go with the TC gloves.

Before anyone asks, using empower for Wrath is a possibility but then I wouldnt be able to use multistrike on dual strike because of the mana cost. Multistrike provides consistency the build kind of lacks otherwise. Im also trying to get a better bow with a +1 arrow or 6link storm cloud or just a good rare with good multimods and 6link.
Last edited by lapiz on Feb 6, 2015, 6:50:43 AM
Twin Vagan daggers and Elreon jewellery. Fully decked out in elemental damage and all the status ailments that go with it, on top of ele weakness on hit Maligaro's.

Incredible.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
I don't usually comment on build threads, but I wanna say that your gear is fucking incredible, I didn't realise it could be so insane at level 28... Kudos to ya, no wonder it won Season 1! :D
Hi

I'm trying to follow this build for LLD. What skill gems do you use in the first dagger?

Nice glubs mate ;)
Hi, I'm new to the game and would like to know why are you using riposte if you didn't invest in block. Thanks and nice build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info