Thickly's Explosive arrow Build [1,3 ] In depth

Introduction
Spoiler
Hello dear fellow's, I'm Thickly been playing this game since Closed beta. I've enjoy theory crafting, testing out build's, And helping other players out with their builds. I recently been theory crafted this Explosive arrow build, That i'm going to show you now.

Why Explosive arrow ?

Spoiler
Explosive arrow is a super unique skill gem. It have one of the highst base damage.
And it's also a super cheap way to get insane Map clear speed, and have lots of unique way's to do it. Explosive arrow doesnt require a High dps bow or anything like that. It require a Fast attack speed bow or a +3 bow but i found out the Attack speed is way better. So you are best of useing a Quill rain bow. Yes a Quill rain, witch cost like 1 chaos orb.

How do Elemental Equilibrium works ?

How do i level up as Explosive arrow ?

Spoiler
So, Since explosive arrow is a very mana costly gem. It isnt the best choice of skill gem to lvl with. It is doable, if you have -6 mana cost jewellery and clairty. But what i did is Firetrap with Ele prolif - Chance to ignite - Conc / increased area effect. Choice on of those gems w/e you fell like. And than i also toke Flameblast for Solo targeting / boss fights. And than i suddenly played with explosive arrow in lvl 50-60 ish, when you get your mana regan and max mana and Eldricht battery with a decent amount of energy shield gear.
Normal Help oak - Cruel Kill all - Merciless kill all

What's diffrence between my build and other's ?

Spoiler
So my build use's tri curseing in the late game, other explosive arrow builds uses just dual curseing. Also my build have alot more Life pool from other builds i seen. It has 27 % more life and 18 % less elemental damage witch i think thats a fair trade off. My build is way stronger in the late game than other explosive arrow builds, cause i use Cloak of defiance with 1200 Mana left over and a 5.4k life pool + Tempchain curse to make my self even more survival. While we still have a whopping good damage. Also my build explains fairly deep what gear you are looking after. Witch i been looking hardly for on other build explainations of explosive arrow builds.And as you can see this build deliver's even with the cheap version of the build. Where the expensive version of the build are way more stronger

Gear used in vids
Spoiler

Gearing Option video

Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToDri9F2ssQ&feature=youtu.be Mistake were made (for tri cursing you can have 3 b + 2green ( forgot tempchain was green ^^ ) my bad !

Expensive gear options / Showcase
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSVqdbTGjc8&feature=youtu.beRemeber that the gear in this video is not the 100% expensive gear setup, You need a 5l quill rain and a 5l or 6 Cloak of defiance. I could sadly not show that on the video cause i Borrow'd some gear out from my lvl 92 EA. But this video gives you are basic idea how to gear up on the expensive aspect of the build. Basiclly you just trade out your Carcass jack to a Cloak of defiance. And your 4l quill rain into a 5l. And get more ES on your gear. So you can drop Discipline.

Gearing options

Spoiler
So for your Explosive arrow toon, you need lots of energy shield to sustain your Explosive arrow. Explosive arrow cost 92-116 Mana 5l - 6l ( with Q20 concentrated effect)

Helmet: 150+ Energy shield, Dual ress 70+ Life ( Red Red Blue Blue )
Chest piece: Cloak of defiance 5linked Blue Blue Blue Green (Blue or green )
Boots: 50+ Energy shield 20 + Movement speed Dual ress 70+ Life ( Green Green Green Green)
Gloves: Dual resist - Attack speed - Life ( Red Red Red Red )
Belt: 90+ Life - 1 resist - Flask gained - Minus flask charges used
Ring 1: 50+ Mana reg - Tri resist - 40+ Life
Ring 2: Doedre's damming
Amulet:50+ mana reg - 70+ life - Dual ress - Flat lightning damage
Bow - +1 Arrow quill raing 5-6 Linked ( 5linked is good enough ) IF you cant get the +1 arrow just take a normal quill rain and get +1 arrow quiver
Quiver: Dual ress 90+ Life +1 arrow (if you got +1 arrow on bow ) you can also get +1 fire damage leeched as life. For the sustain.

Links

Spoiler
Helmet : Reduced mana - Clarity - Purity of fire - Discipline
Boots: arctic armour - Blink arrow - Faster projtiles - Vaal haste
Gloves: Cast on damage taken - Increased Duration - Immortal call - Enduring cry
Chest: Concentrated effect - Increased burning damage - Elemental prolif - exploesive arrow - Fire penetration (If 6l increased area of effect ) Or faster attacks
Quill rain: Curse on Hit - Flamabillity - Elemetal weaknes - Rain of arrows - Enfeeable or Temp chains

Play style

75 Fire ress Courtyard

Doubble Boss Shrine

Doubble Boss Palace
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HswJykuCGDw&feature=youtu.be

Cons:
Spoiler
Reflect can be a problem, Just dont 5+ stack without useing Pot.
It does require a +1 arrow Bow or Quiver
Might fell squishy without Cloak of defiance and good es gear

Pros
Spoiler
Super cheap build that deliver very well
Good clear speed
Can do all bosses in all maps
Scale's very well into late game
Super fun to play

Skill tree:

lvl 1-25

lvl 25-50

lvl 50-65

lvl 75

lvl 85

lvl 99
IGN: Thickly
Last edited by thickly on Feb 5, 2015, 9:08:01 AM
Any suggestion's or questions are always welcome ! :)
Added new video that showcase how to build your build on the expensive way. For being way more tanky and have over 1.4k more life pool total.
Added new video that showcase how elemental equilibrium works with Explosive arrow.
Looking for an EA build, and find this build.
Nice build , well done
Thanks alot Risk0717 :)
I'm trying this build right now, but don't you think you could drop 2 +5% life nodes near Constituion and grab 8% ele damage and "Discipline and Training"?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info