3Dragons static strike: conductivity or frostbite?

Anyone tried this yet?
Static strike with

Still don't know how exactly the effect of this mask works
"Lightning dmg can freeze, but not shock"...

So here are my questions:

A) if you have 0% chance to shock, freeze will never proc?

B) does a critical hit with lightning dmg apply shock = freeze?

C) which curse should be used to increase the chance to freeze with 3D+SS,
conductivity or frostbite?

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Chance to shock/ignite/freeze still mean the same thing. If you have 20% chance to shock with lightning damage when you aren't wearing Three Dragons, you'll have 20% chance to shock with fire damage when you are.

With that said:

A) & B) Your critical hits will always freeze. You can pick up chance to freeze to make your non-crits occasionally freeze.
C) Frostbite, but that seems terrible since it doesn't affect your damage much. I'd just go for Ele Weakness if I were you.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
I was thinking about dw crit, SS+ MS+ EP+ Physical to lightning+ LL.

Hatred, ash, and Hot with curse on hit assasins mark.

Just playing around with a free 90 point lvl 70 reset char and rather hear about this stuff before actually doing it.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Well the weird thing is that the wording on Frostbite and Conductivity is "Cursed enemies have +x% chance to be Frozen by Cold Damage" and "Cursed enemies have +x% chance to be Shocked by Lightning Damage"
Considering how strict this game's wording is, I'm tempted to think Three Dragons would cause the status chance portion of these curses to do literally nothing. Since your lightning damage won't be able to shock, so any additional chance to be shocked "by lightning damage" from conductivity just goes to nil, since that's no longer a thing your lightning can do.

I could be totally offbase, but I'm tempted to think this is how it works
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
"
Milchut wrote:
Well the weird thing is that the wording on Frostbite and Conductivity is "Cursed enemies have +x% chance to be Frozen by Cold Damage" and "Cursed enemies have +x% chance to be Shocked by Lightning Damage"
Considering how strict this game's wording is, I'm tempted to think Three Dragons would cause the status chance portion of these curses to do literally nothing. Since your lightning damage won't be able to shock, so any additional chance to be shocked "by lightning damage" from conductivity just goes to nil, since that's no longer a thing your lightning can do.

I could be totally offbase, but I'm tempted to think this is how it works
That's not how it works. It will apply your chance to <whatever> to the new correct damage type. The wording is unfortunate, but:

a) Before Three Dragons came along and made everyone's heads hurt, it was absolutely correct, and changing wording you've established precedent for is always a clusterfuck
b) (more importantly) If they didn't say that, a lot of people would think they naturally applied to all damage dealt. Hell, a lot of people think this despite that wording. The clarity there seems to be of higher value than how it works with a single unique.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Glad to hear it's done in a mostly intuitive way then.
"
viperesque wrote:

b) (more importantly) If they didn't say that, a lot of people would think they naturally applied to all damage dealt. Hell, a lot of people think this despite that wording. The clarity there seems to be of higher value than how it works with a single unique.

To be fair I thought huge IPD on 1 handers made Ethereal Knives OP for all of 5 minutes. I really can't stand how this game gets anal retentive with wording in some places and just 'assumes you know better' in every other instance.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info