[1.3]Wrath of heavens, static strike CoMK Arc guide, the Mjolnir for the poor

Hi, everyone

This is my second theme based build so far, the first can be found here The Winter Knight, arctic armor and glacial hammer CoC guide but i don't recommend it with 1.3 (huge nerf to critical chance)

I am currently lvl 80 doing 72-73 maps playing self found (account found is more accurate in fact), no problem so far.

Careful : it is not suited for group play, if someone else kills the monsters, you can't do anything

So, why Mjolnir for the poor ?
Because you want the closest thing but can't have the original.
The idea is to use static strike and his AoE to kill 2 or 3 monsters at the same time (or close enough)wich cast the same number of arc, destroying the rest of the pack. Aka Mjolnir for the poor.

Passive tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBTwRDyFugp1V8Dmjy8B-iAASzwGaf3-984XPtIIKbtoaWdOw4V-J35ScvkFUaOJ48jHbAGnGFVylG1_MRsUIpT-Qi1aYabDbpJKoWb-Nq-tIXL2TnVdaApJ2u5Ysb8X7HfLskiwY5gFZPffuq8wZRYD0PHM4rUA3N_lTE9nKp9zJ82Twtd-OuPmeb5FFQR-8OFCBfPxo-8i98uCkufuJ5OenVns2nMJ_LAecUTfxLvJ8Ykcautz7-Cti98kU64aZXMZ4=

I will explain how this work after the gems part.

gems

principal attack :
static strike + multistrike + cast on melee kill + arc (+ weapon elemental damage)

I don't add a sixth link because there are a lot of possibility
1) melee physical damage, beneficial only to static strike but killing monsters faster will cast arc mor often
2) lightning penetration, beneficial for both static strike and arc, always usefull
3) iron will, beneficial only to arc, you have a good amount of strengh so arc will like it

auras :
herald of thunder + tempest shield + wrath + reduced mana

defense :
cast when damage taken + enduring cry
reckoning + vengeance + physical to lightning + life leech

Yes i know i don't have immortal call but i am not crazy : first you don't need it, and second you don't have the slot for it.
Reckoning + vengeance may seems contradictory : the first hit when you block (i have 41% and 21% for spells) and the second when you don't (30% chance) but together with life leech it will save your life. Physical to lightning add a good amount of damage (and life leeched obviously) and remarcably fit the theme.

vaal gem :
vaal storm call + iron will + add lightning damage + lightning penetration

I have a soft spot for this wonderfull gem. Once charged, find a pack of monsters, cast the gem (gem charged again) and do it again. More seriously, i like to use it in magic monsters pack, it speed up the killing process.

curse :
conductivity

Bandit reward
normal : oak
cruel : oak
merciless : either kill all or oak if you want an extra endurance charge for your enduring cry. Personnaly i chose the skill point.

How does this work

If you saw the passive tree, you noticed i took resolute technique so no crit for me. For herald of lightning it is a problem. Well it's not. Instead you use chance to shock.
10% chance to shock from the passive tree (seems low but i found it enough)
10% chance to shock from arc (that's why i took arc and not another spell like storm call)
13% chance to shock from conductivity
You know now why i didn't go to the which part tree.

So you kill a monster (with the AoE of static strike, you in fact kill 2-3 monsters) cast arc (2-3 arc)shocking and killing the rest of the pack and now you have a herald of thunder.
Well, keep going, nothing will resist you now except unique monsters a little (but only a little)

Careful : for some boss which are alone or almost (like Kole, Dominus, etc...) i use a different gem configuration. I swith arc + CoMK with physical to lightning + leech life. No need to cast arc if nothing can.

Gear

As all of my builds, i don't trade so linking my gear will not help you, but i can give you advices.
Go for elemental or lightning damage, it wil be beneficial to all of your skills unlike physical damage.
A good shield with a good % of block is very important. As i said earlier i have about 40% chance to block and 20% chance to spell block. A lot of monsters die because of reckoning and lightning shield and giving me life. The spell block chance come from the stone of lazwar (lazwhar, lahzwar... well...). Not mandatory but it helps.
I use armor + energy shield gear but it's just personal taste, you can use armor only if you want (could even be better)

And voilà.
Waiting for your critics (good i hope but bad can help me improve it so all are welcome)

N.B.: If a genius come here, can he tell me the dps formula for this build because with static strike, arc and heralt of thunder, i'm a little (a lot) lost. Thanks in advance.

edit : add bandit reward
Last edited by Manakel2 on Feb 6, 2015, 5:47:09 AM
Posting some pics wouldn't hurt. Offense/defense tabs from char screen, tooltips for spells and static. Also, may I ask you to link your weapon?
In years to come
You hear my name
When darkness falls
On judgment day
i'd like to but i don't know how. And since i'm playing solo self-found my stat would prabably be underpowered and my dps uncalculable (unless you are the genius i'm waiting for).

I can tell you my weapon stats nevertheless :

Royal scepter
quality : 20%
physical damage : 87-190
critical strike chance : 6.5%
attack speed : 1.10
implicit mod : 10% increased elemental damage
explicit mods : 87% increased physical damage
17% increased lightning damage
12% reduced ennemy stun treshold
master mod : add 11-19 physical damage

As you can see, it's not the best of the best, i crafted it myself with the few currencies i have

Last edited by Manakel2 on Feb 2, 2015, 5:31:46 AM
Very good build, playing with it right now, perhaps one of the best i have played so far. Thnks

PS. Thanks for the bandit edit
Last edited by AniMetal666 on Feb 8, 2015, 10:51:37 AM
I'm playing this now in TMT, level 50 now. Until now it really feels like a strong build the gears I have are:
Spoiler

Everything is self-found from lvling one character to 75, Got lucky with the scepter and running the shield+belt now only for mf

Tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMGOQ3NFCAaOBo-HM4kiycvKS4rUDwtPQ9DyEbXTwRPfVBHUWBXKVfiW6BfP2ebaPJxhXKpd-N35Xk5fA58uHy7fNl-4oBWgpuMdpBVlnSePJ7Nn9-iAKdVrj6xQraGwBrAZsT24XPkUenV7DjtIO8O73zwH_Iv8xH3Mv5U

Going for unweavering stance first, then the aura node
Last edited by JesseNL on Feb 4, 2015, 2:01:16 PM
Oh right bandit i forgot, i edit this right now.
thanks for the idea i used tabula rasa tho and double arcs because it feels so much better killing 1 mob clears the screen :D
Wow. Just wow. I'm actually playing the exact same thing haha. Never expected someone else to try this out.
Here's mine: http://youtu.be/d0BFF2xsXbY
Hey so saw this build thought I would post my gear...I have a messed up tree but waiting for new tree respec to update. I went shadow - witch area - templar area but I think with respec I would go shadow - ranger area - duelist area. I am also going to try switching out WED for Added Lightning hopefully that will let me drop my amulet and put this beauty in

The new wrath is amazing and some of the new jewels really add some umph to this spec. Anyway still messing with it but here is gear now.

I need a signature to look legit
Last edited by Hunt8722 on Jun 7, 2015, 8:19:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info