Hyaon's Fury cyclone either dual wield or shield

Hi guys and gals Lost here bringing my take on the unique sword hyaon's fury and a fun way to use it in end game maps. originally this build was played as a duelist but i went into both the marauder and Templar starting areas so it can be played as any of those three classes though duelist is the worst of the three. the build uses blood dancers to generate frenzy charges which let us get tankier in the tree rather than having to go nothing but damage nodes. still dies sometimes but very few builds dont ever die (if any). if you have questions feel free to post them below

pros/cons

pros
fun
decent damage
cheap (around 3ex gets you going my current gear was only 4 ex)
relatively safe
2 buttons
one damage type

cons

cc kills you
dual wield is squishy sometimes
templars are ugly (dont make it a templar)
probably cant atziri in current state

the difference in shield vs dual wield
the shield build is both tankier and does more damage though it isnt in your main cyclone dps your added dps comes from being able to use reckoning and riposte. the entire point behind the dual wield build was to be more thematic with the sword itself and disregard tankyness for damage.

duelist build dual wield
has not been listed but its not hard to figure out please refrain from going duelist as you waste to many points to make it worth it

thoughts about phase acrobatics in the dual wielding builds
Spoiler
phase acrobatics would be amazing at almost removing the damage taken for the hyaon's frenzy charges (which you will have 7 of in this variant) however when you get it hit its going to hurt if you want a acro build go ranger and get a queen of the forest/alpha's going (to run grace/wrath/herald of thunder) (links would be near impossible to roll (red/red/green/blue/blue/blue or green)

acro ranger/shadow (complete theory crafting unknown hit chance without resolute technique)

gearing

gem links

dual wield build
cyclone>>blood magic>>life leech>> weapon elemental damage>> conc effect/faster attacks>>>lightning pen
vengance>>weapon ele>>life leech>>culling strike
leap slam>>blood magic>>faster attacks
cwdt>>enduring cry>>immortalcall/molten shell
hearld of thunder>>curse on hit>>elementalweakness/conductivity>>reduced mana
wrath/hearld of ice/reduced mana

shield build

cyclone>>blood magic>>life leech>> weapon elemental damage>> conc effect/faster attacks>>>lightning pen//ele proliferation
vengeance>>riposte>>>reckoning>>>weapon ele
leap slam>>blood magic>>faster attacks
cwdt>>enduring cry>>immortalcall
hearld of thunder>>curse on hit>>conductivity>>reduced mana
wrath/hearld of ice/reduced mana

current gear

Spoiler

dual wield variant

weapons- hyaon's fury
armor- rare with high defense and resistance
helm- rare with high res and defense
gloves- rare with high res and defense (could also test snakebite)
rings- resistance,life and weapon elemental damage (intelligence if needed) (Valako's Sign is another option for more damage if you can get res on the rest of your gear)
amulet- resistance,life, intelligence, and weapon ele damage
boots- only option is the blood dance
belt- doryani's invitation (lightning) good res and lightning damage plus armor

Spoiler
"shield variant"

weapon- hyaon's fury
shield-lioneye's remorse/saffel's frame (you want both of these shields as saffel's is needed in this build for some boss monsters and lioneye's is a great defense verses everything else
armor- rare with high defense and resistance
helm- rare with high res and defense
gloves- rare with high res and defense (could also test snakebite)
rings- resistance,life and weapon elemental damage (intelligence if needed) (Valako's Sign is another option for more damage if you can get res on the rest of your gear)
amulet- resistance,life, intelligence, and weapon ele damage
boots- only option is the blood dance

flasks

flasks make life easier here is a list of the flasks that i feel this build benefits from.

high healing over time flask (or remove bleeding for shield build)
omg im gonna die flask (insta heal on low life)
armor flask with added armor %
lightning resistance flask with remove freezing
rumi's concoction (movespeed flask of remove bleeding for dual wield)

current stats
at level 75 and with the gear shown above with wrath/herald of ice/HoT i do around 9.1k dps no frenzy charges and almost 13k with charges herald of thunder does an average of 1.4k when a shocked enemy is slain and vengeance does 5k while having 6.8k armour without flask and 3.6k life with very meh gear. the shield variant does 8.6k dps no charges and has 11k dps max charges with a 3k reckoning 3k riposte and 5k vengeance while having almost 10k armor 35% block (for now) and 64% block with rumi's (numbers taken at 77 for shield build)

Leveling Trees

dual wield marauder

(ready for hyaon's)

(basically the end game)

(more play time then i have)

Leveling Shield Build

20Points[url
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAdwLYRQgGj49_Ed-UEdYY18_eA15aITZjM--isEExtjkUe8O8i_2SA==[/url]

Last edited by OriginsLost on Feb 2, 2015, 1:39:43 PM
added a couple sections. fixed a few errors. added better gear suggestions. added thoughts on shield vs dual wield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info